News:

• May 20, 2024, 06:22:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: USSR Stunter  (Read 977 times)

Online Ty Marcucci

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
USSR Stunter
« on: February 09, 2008, 05:08:58 PM »
 H^^^
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:41:38 PM by Ty Marcucci »
Ty Marcucci

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: USSR Stunter
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 05:54:32 PM »
One more time, maybe I got it right this time. This is for You Bill Little. H^^
QUESTION????

By chance if you have Juri Sirotkin posing with Bob Gialdini together in one of those issues?
If you could find and scan it...that would be great.
I can't find that old photo...in the few copies that I kept.
Way back then I  subscriped to that wonderful little magazine....too bad I gave away most of those old issues to fellow modelers...although maybe Bob Parker still has them...TALK ABOUT THE ULTIMATE PAK-RAT! He keeps just about everything as long as Peggy doesn't catch him? LL~ LL~
Don Shultz

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 11:11:54 PM »
Thanks, Ty.  That was Sirotkin's ('62) predecessor to the Spacehound he won the '64 WCs with.  In '64 he used one of the 21 MVVS factory stunt Rear Intake Side Exhaust 35s based off their racing .29s, running a 10-4 prop.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 12:39:42 PM »
If my demented brain cells are correct.....I seem to remember seeing that model...DID NOT HAVE A CANOPY...and was strickly a  USSR professional working practice model. In those days I found it sooooooooooo amazing that these model builders and flyers...were paid by the Gov. as professional model makers...
(hummm? I always wondered what happened to the "flyers and builders that didn't live up to the expections of the USSR MACHINE? Where they sent into exile???? or taken out and shot...or just used as human ginny pigs in medical experimentation.
Rumor has it.....one of their rejects who failed...was sent to Texas...where later on he became President of the USA?...(opps bad political message here..Sorry Sparky...the devil just made me do this? LL~ VD~ H^^ n1
Don Shultz

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 10:59:11 PM »
Shultzie is correct, the plane didn't have a canopy, but it DID have a *CROSS* bellcrank!  And a bladder tank. (!)
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 03:13:58 PM »
Yes...that X bellcrank was somethin else...(but when you thimmmkee' about it...it did have some merit.

However the weirdest...funniest...but most frightening method of controling a stunter was in those early daze when the China-sponsored flyers....started showing up with their little
RING FINGA' AND RING GLOVED ADJUSTABLE FLYING GLOVE HANDLES????
Although they they had 'run away straps....I ALWAYS VISUALIZED WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED IF THEY SNAGGED THEIR MODELS ON SOMETHING. and would have to live the rest of their modeling lives with out a fore-or pinky finger??? LL~ LL~

(forgive the 20 sec. sketch!!! ouch)
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here