News:

• March 28, 2024, 09:57:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: U Name It/Trident Rib Patterns?  (Read 1640 times)

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
U Name It/Trident Rib Patterns?
« on: May 26, 2019, 10:55:39 AM »
Anyone know where to get rib patterns for the U Name It/Trident? The plans show one root rib and I'd rather find patterns instead of projecting an airfoil that may or may not be as designed.

Thanks,
Bill
Bill P.

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: U Name It/Trident Rib Patterns?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 08:14:04 AM »
Hi Bill:

I can generate all the rib patterns for that wing, and also a perfectly accurate assembly fixture in which to build the wing. The process is called Lost-Foam, although none of the foam is actually "lost." If you are interested, please give me a call at 610-746-0106 and I can give you all the details. If you send me your email address I can send you the Lost-Foam building manual for free. My email address is robinhunt@rcn.com.

Later - Bob

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 01:21:51 PM »
Hi Bob,
This is great news!  I normally use an Ajusto Jig for tapered wings but the lost foam jib may be a better choice. I'm on the road until Tues night and will call you on Wed night. What time zone are you in so I don't call too early/late?
Thank You,
Bill
Bill P.

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 05:31:39 AM »
Hi Bill:

Like Ty wrote, I'm in the Eastern time zone. I'm in eastern PA. I'm usually up and functioning by 7 AM, and don't go into coma until around 10 PM.

Ty: Your check is in the mail...  LL~

Bob

Offline Dennis Saydak

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 08:05:55 PM »
Bill I have the original plan from MAN. It shows all the ribs full size. I can scan the ribs if that would help. I'm wondering what set of plans you have that don't show the ribs? Send me an email with your address if interested.
Just when you think you're getting ahead in the rat race.....you find the rats just get faster! MAAC 13120L

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 12:36:45 PM »
Bill I have the original plan from MAN. It shows all the ribs full size. I can scan the ribs if that would help. I'm wondering what set of plans you have that don't show the ribs? Send me an email with your address if interested.
[/quote

Thanks Dennis, let me check the MAN plans site and see if those plans are still available. I have the ones on outerzone and thought they were complete.

Bill
Bill P.

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 02:19:10 PM »
Pretty sure plans can be ordered from Tom Dixon. I have a set of originals. If I can locate them I'll let you know. This design was kitted by Consolidated (as the Trident) but those kits are few and far between.  8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline Dennis Saydak

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 04:34:40 PM »
I've Emailed Bill the rib patterns. If anyone else needs them let me know.
Just when you think you're getting ahead in the rat race.....you find the rats just get faster! MAAC 13120L

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here