Classic Designs > Classic Planes

Twister question, to lengthen the fuselage or shorten the nose?

(1/4) > >>

Chris Lambdin:
Getting ready to start a Twister build. Planning on using an FPS 35 with tongue muffler..building all stock except for making mods to accommodate the extra weight of the 35 FP.. looking for suggestions….Thanks

john e. holliday:
Do search for Twister and decide for your self.  My self I added to the tail of the fuselage moving the stab back.  But I have also built the Twister box stock with LA 35 and tongue muffler.  Biggest thing is build light and straight. D>K

Chris Lambdin:

--- Quote from: john e. holliday on December 15, 2022, 12:25:05 PM ---Do search for Twister and decide for your self.  My self I added to the tail of the fuselage moving the stab back.  But I have also built the Twister box stock with LA 35 and tongue muffler.  Biggest thing is build light and straight. D>K

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

How much did you add to the length!

Ken Culbertson:
I added 1 1/2" to mine.  They fly well nose heavy (to a point).  Probably one of the most discussed planes on the site.  Get some popcorn and search "Twister".  It will take a week to read it all!

Ken

FYI:  There are over 1.600 posts covering the Twister. 

Joe Ed Pederson:

--- Quote from: john e. holliday on December 15, 2022, 12:25:05 PM ---Do search for Twister and decide for your self.  My self I added to the tail of the fuselage moving the stab back.  But I have also built the Twister box stock with LA 35 and tongue muffler.  Biggest thing is build light and straight. D>K

--- End quote ---

John,

Since there isn't an LA 35, I'm assuming you meant either an LA .25 or and FP .35.  Which did you mean?

Joe Ed Pederson

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version