News:

• April 16, 2024, 05:53:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sig Magnum?  (Read 3133 times)

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
Sig Magnum?
« on: December 04, 2017, 12:42:31 PM »
I was looking on the list of classic legal planes, and it says the Aldrich magnum.  Is the Sig Magnum the same airplane?

Second question: Is the Sig Twister classic legal? Or was it published in 1975 (thereby making it not legal)?

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Sig Magnum?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 02:45:50 PM »
All I can say is that the last Sig Magnum I flew had an ST 51 and it was a very fine flyer. Made great corners!

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 02:54:36 PM »
That's exactly what I have also! Our contest is this weekend. I was thinking of flying PA and profile. But if I could squeeze in classic, that would be awesome!

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 06:41:14 PM »

Just got the plan from Peter white Plans , a Adrich Horiginal . So Close tho this any turkey could manadge it .

( Curve the top block down aft of the wing , and square the lower rudder . & add Paint ) .

Brian Eather has a Red Magnum , says long lines needed , C.G. Aft got it working excellently .

I suspect the L E rounds of ronder than shown on the plan , decipering Silhavey Caudron Pictures ( anyone got any more ) .

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 07:32:13 PM »
Thanks guys. Jim also called me today and was looking at the master list. Both of my planes are classified as modern. No problem. There's a few entries already in classic, so we should have a pretty good turn out!

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 09:18:30 PM »
I gather, reading "between the lines," that with Matt's photo of Frank's Aldrich "Magnum," you know that the two planes are different. Mike Pratt designed your "Magnum." I have a copy of Aldrich's original plans (with penciled in, proposed revisions he thought would make it fly better with his faulty c.g.) dated "June 1961."

SK

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 12:25:35 PM »
I gather, reading "between the lines," that with Matt's photo of Frank's Aldrich "Magnum," you know that the two planes are different. Mike Pratt designed your "Magnum." I have a copy of Aldrich's original plans (with penciled in, proposed revisions he thought would make it fly better with his faulty c.g.) dated "June 1961."

SK

Hi Dane,
Surge is correct, two totally different models.  I've never built an Aldrich Magnum but I did fly one that a good friend built and it was really smooth (not much of a corner), but was a pretty good flyer.  It may have been the forward C.G that was eluted to in the above post.

Mike Pratt

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 07:17:45 AM »
Thanks guys. The twister is super 70's legal, so I'll fly that at Tucson on Saturday.
 If I can coax my boxcar chief through the pattern, maybe I'll fly that in OTS and classic?

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here