Classic Designs > Classic Planes

Sig Banshee CG?

(1/2) > >>

Chris Lambdin:
Pulled out a Banshee I built 30 years ago only flew it once, where should the CG be on this plane? Right now it’s about half an inch in front of the spar or right on the spar without the muffler. Thanks

Dan McEntee:
   Anywhere between the spar and leading edge should be safe territory for balance. If you are a rank beginner, leave the muffler on and add a bit of nose weight. If you can competently fly the model without crashing and do simple tricks, try it where it is after a few flight with some extra nose weight.  Doc example is the old school method like he said, but it works, just keep any weight additions or removals a little at a time.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Chris Lambdin:
Thanks for all the good advice!

Tim Wescott:
What Doc said if you're learning.  If you really want to trim for performance then you want to get a handle with adjustable leadout spacing -- then you adjust the CG to get the plane to do the right things, and you adjust your handle so that you get the right amount of turn when you ask for it.

Colin McRae:
The design SIG Banshee CG point is right at the wing spar. I balanced mine there and it flies quite well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version