News:

• March 28, 2024, 09:12:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sheeks/Vornholt ME 262 for VSC  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Sheeks/Vornholt ME 262 for VSC
« on: December 26, 2007, 11:25:18 AM »
I just talked to Jack Sheeks some more about his airplanes.

There were several stunters that Jack designed but were built and published by other people.

One that is DEFINITELY eligible for the Sheeks award at VSC is the ME262. Jack designed the ME262 and gave the plan to Jim Vornholt.  The ME262 was built and published by Jim Vornholt, Flying Models March 1967. FM plan #CF210.

Jack also hopes that someone will build the twin engine "F5F Skyrocket", FM 8/64, which is already on the list of eligible Sheeks Classics. He says he really liked the way the "Skyrocket" flies.
AMA 7544

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Sheeks/Vornholt ME 262 for VSC
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 03:24:45 PM »
You just broke my bubble.  I always thought that Jim designed his own airplanes.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Luke Spreadborough

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 11:00:07 PM »
If anyone chooses to build one then please, I would love to see photos posted here.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 07:57:49 AM »
I just talked to Jack Sheeks some more about his airplanes.

There were several stunters that Jack designed but were built and published by other people.

One that is DEFINITELY eligible for the Sheeks award at VSC is the ME262. Jack designed the ME262 and gave the plan to Jim Vornholt.  The ME262 was built and published by Jim Vornholt, Flying Models March 1967. FM plan #CF210.

Jack also hopes that someone will build the twin engine "F5F Skyrocket"
, FM 8/64, which is already on the list of eligible Sheeks Classics. He says he really liked the way the "Skyrocket" flies.

Brother Tom,

When I can get JAck on the phone, I plan on spending some time with him talking about the Skyrocket!  I cannot visualize the nacelles, for some reason.  That is not usually a problem for me, but I guees I really AM getting old!

I would ddearly LOVE to get a copy of the magazine itself.   My printer is crapped out (only scans now) and I cannot afford a new one so emails are appreciated, but I cannot print them.........  :'(  :'(

Aaron, and I, have been wanting to build a twin, and this one is the one I really want to build, thanks to Brother Denny Adamisin, I hae the plans!
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline John Carrodus

• Commander
Re: Sheeks/Vorn
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 08:23:29 PM »
Plenty of 'beef' around landing gear support in wings. Tail has a cider spar running length of stabiliser and elevator. Plenty of 'meat' around attachment of tailplane to vertical stabiliser with two long ( 40 mm ) screws into bottom half . Top half of vertical tail fin attached later.

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 09:19:56 PM »
Reference to the Grumman XF5F by Jack Sheeks. I have a semi kit by walt Umland. You need to supply the L/G, cowls and the canopy. beautifully done kit I"ll never get to it in my lifetime. Any interest?

Advertise Here
Tags: profile me 262 

Advertise Here