News:

• March 28, 2024, 09:31:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Polaris Profile by Keith Varley  (Read 2653 times)

Offline G McClintic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Polaris Profile by Keith Varley
« on: September 26, 2019, 05:04:08 PM »
Does anyone know if there are plans available for this profile aircraft? I found it in a Flying Lines article from 2012. The caption is that it is a Polaris by Keith Varley.

Thanks

Glenn

Offline Gordon Van Tighem

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Polaris Profile by Keith Varley
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 04:46:59 PM »
Keith is a Stunthanger member so you could PM him.
Flying lines often includes the email for picture posters if you click on the name.
.....or contact him through Chris Cox.
Gord VT
MAAC 3738L, Life Member
AMA C3738L

Offline G McClintic

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 12:51:13 PM »
Thanks. I got his phone number from Chris and called him. He said he has quit the hobby and sold everything and that he does not have plans for the airplane. I wished him well.

Is there any chance that someone else would have the plans, or an article about it, or anything?

Thanks

Glenn

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 09:30:41 PM »
Thanks. I got his phone number from Chris and called him. He said he has quit the hobby and sold everything and that he does not have plans for the airplane. I wished him well.

Is there any chance that someone else would have the plans, or an article about it, or anything?

Thanks

Glenn

Hi Glenn,  From what I remember the Polaris's aerodynamics is based on the Oriental Plus.  Actually it is mentioned on the video below.  Last I heard.. Dave M. sold it to Glenn Little a while ago.

Offline G McClintic

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 09:16:31 AM »
Thanks Joe. Yes, I can see the similarity. He changed shapes and made a profile fuselage, etc. I wonder if he did that by eye or if he captured the design on plans?

Also, do you know of a way to get hold of Glenn Little? I can't find him as a member here.

Glenn

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 11:33:55 AM »
Thanks Joe. Yes, I can see the similarity. He changed shapes and made a profile fuselage, etc. I wonder if he did that by eye or if he captured the design on plans?

Also, do you know of a way to get hold of Glenn Little? I can't find him as a member here.

Glenn

I think he designed it within the numbers from the Oriental Plus.  Glenn Little is usually at the field in the weekend.  I'll ask him on that when I see him.

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 09:36:44 AM »
Glenn Little is usually at the field in the weekend.  I'll ask him on that when I see him.

It seems Dave still has it.   Since he's a member here, probably best to send him a PM for more details on the Polaris.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here