News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:38:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Old Rule Books  (Read 1308 times)

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Old Rule Books
« on: April 15, 2022, 09:30:31 AM »
As I get on in years, I am trying to put old memories into proper context.  I have lost all of my CL stuff three times.  First when I went off to college in 1965 and my parents moved leaving all of my stuff behind. Then I had to leave home to fight a useless war in 1968 coming home to "I have no idea where it all went (also lost my golf clubs in that one), and again in 2020 when my shop burned.  Along with those losses went all of the things I had saved.  Contest results, trophies, planes, plans, pictures, engines, everything.  I have little hope of finding any archives for contest results.  AMA is no help with anything over 20 years old, or for that matter, anything period.  They even lost my AMA number.  I found a handful in old PAMPA newsletters which helps a bit.  The rest I guess is lost to me.

About the only things that might be out there still are old rule books.  The ones that would help me piece things together are 1964, 1975. Is there a hidden archive somewhere I can tap into?

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Old Rule Books
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 10:24:58 AM »
   Somebody was doing the same thing recently, and trying to get back further and I think they had some success. I think it was Mike Hazel, or one of the other speed/racing guys. Search the forums, may have even just been n the classifieds.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 11:59:57 AM »
I wish I had kept all the old Rule Books, but I looked at them as just obsolete clutter and threw them away.

AMA used to issue hard copy Rule Books as a right of membership.  They included advertising from suppliers.  Maybe the ads even covered the cost of printing or maybe even showed a profit.

We always carried a Rule Book in the tool box to check on the rules and fend off protests. 

In combat, the RC section was often used as covering material for field repairs.
Paul Smith

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 12:17:32 PM »
   Somebody was doing the same thing recently, and trying to get back further and I think they had some success. I think it was Mike Hazel, or one of the other speed/racing guys. Search the forums, may have even just been n the classifieds.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
Thanks, I sent Mike a PM

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Robertc

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 09:19:55 AM »
I have the 1971 rule book if needed.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 09:35:08 AM »
  I was going through some of my original Model Aviation newsletters from the AMA and found some rule books from the early 60's. Much simpler time back then and the books are pretty thin and were part of issues of Model Aviation. I'm not looking to get rid of them but can figure out a way to have them copied.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here