Classic Designs > Classic Planes

Need help on I beamer build options.

(1/4) > >>

Clint Ormosen:
Since I’m almost done painting the F86, I’ve gotten the urge to start another model. I had planned to do a JD Falcon, but I haven’t done an I beam plane since the Playboy in 2008, so I think it’s definitely going to be one of those. Here are the options, so what say you?

Ares
Argus
Cobra
Ballerina III
LaDonna
Colossus (winner!)
Tucker 4

I have kits for these that need to be done and I’m not getting any younger! Let’s see what the masses choose for me.

Edit* Looks like the Colossus wins with the Cobra a close second.
  I’ll start on it next few weeks.

Steve Berry:
I vote for the Ares. Classic, and Billy did a how-to video on building it that StuntHangar hosts on Youtube.

Steve

Ken Culbertson:
I grew up in Steve Wooley country it is the Cobra for me.

Ken

Ty Marcucci:
I have built the Ares (5), Argus-1, Cobra-2, Colossus-1 (best of the bunch), Tucker 4 -1.. None of the others.. I assume the Colossus is a Builtright kit, if so build it.. I have an ST .51 in mine and the only problem I had at one contest is it sped up due to crap in the filter. Model flew great. It is a big model and looks beautiful on the lines.  H^^

The Tucker 4 looks great, but is a handful trying to get it trimmed. D>K

Jim Svitko:
You do not see the Jack Sheeks LaDonna very much.  In my lifetime, I have seen only one.  So, if you want something out of the ordinary, go with the LaDonna.  With those twin booms, construction is probably a bit more complicated but not impossible to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version