News:

• April 18, 2024, 01:12:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Name that (maybe Top Flite) fuselage  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Name that (maybe Top Flite) fuselage
« on: May 02, 2023, 01:37:02 PM »
I picked up some wood in an estate selloff.

It included some Top Flite Flite Streak bodies and some bigger ones I can't identify.  They are cut from 1/2" balsa wood.  They appear to be part of profile model of some sort.
Paul Smith

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Name that (maybe Top Flite) fuselage
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 03:56:29 PM »
   I'm gonna say that they are from the original Top Flite Tutor. The short engine mounts and that notch on the bottom sort of give it away to me. I think I got some ribs from you a couple of years ago that were from the Tutor and you shipped them to me with a Flite Streak fuselage as a stiffener for them in the wrap. I put the ribs in a kit I had that I had given away the ribs from, and the fuselage went to a friend of mine to replace the fuse on his ARF model. The estate you got all this from must have had some contact with Top Flite, or went dumpster diving behind the building when they were closing down after the Great Planes buy out years ago. I heard that they threw all manor of neat struff away when they cleaned out the building. Let me know if you want to dispose of any.
  Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 02:11:03 PM »
Yeah, Tudor sounds good.

The ribs were stamped N-14 if that rings a bell.
Paul Smith

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 07:17:44 PM »
Looks like the stuff sold at Dad's estate sale awhile back.  He had a few short kits worth of Tutor-1 fuselages Rib Sets and (I think) shaped leading & trailing edges.  There were also a few Flite Streak fuselages - like the one in your pix...
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here