News:

• May 15, 2024, 02:28:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MIKE HAVERLY'S FREEDOM last weekend at The Tacoma Narrows Airport FreezeFly.  (Read 836 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Just an update....
Although this photo was posted in the Grunt column...just thought it was time to give a report about Mike Haverly's New FREEDOM CLASSIC.

Gary Letsinger and I walked around the circle...stopped upwind and SHADOW JUDGED Mike while he was pattern flying that beautiful new Classical FREEDOM through a REMARKABLY GOOD AND RESPECTABLE PATTERN...that even the WALKER-N-RUSH DYNAMICAL' DUO WOULD BE ENVUS!!!

Mike gave an amazingly good demo by showing just how tight that swept model turns.....NOT A WIGGLE OR A BOBBLEEE' on the hard back corners of either the  triangle or the hourglass.
Mike has that FREEDOM flying level laps..like its on rails.

CONGRATULATIONS MIKE~ CLP** CLP** HH%%....GREAT TO SEE AFTER ALL THE EFFECT IN TUNING...THAT FREEDOM APPEARS THAT IT COULD FLY WITH THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE REST!
Don Shultz

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Great news. Looks like Mike has a shot at taking the best of Sheeks, and the highest scoring Sheeks airplane at VSC this year.

I wish I could be there... Wait until next year!
AMA 7544

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Mike has come along phenomenally over the past few years. His work is first rate and he's developed into a very good pilot as well. Sorry I wasn't there to see the new ride.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline John Miller

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Mike  one of the nicest guys you can share a circle with. His first Freedom was gorgeous, and met it's end too soon. The good that came of it was it made him look carefully at the leadout location, and make the changes needed to get it right, which he did using a bit of engenuity.

I've been told that his new one is even better, looking, finished, and flying, than the first one. He may indeed not only do a repeat at VSC XXI, but perform a sweep. If he does, it coulodn't happen to a nicer guy.   H^^
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
I think Mike's OH8 is coming right, finally. And so is his H8. Pete Peterson's coaching seems to have had some effect! Having a good flying site has helped a bunch of us.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Dave Adamisin

I forgot to poost this pic. It's Jack, sharpie in hand applying his autograph at VSC....

Offline Mike Haverly

• Captain
The autograph is now clear coated and looks great against the stark white background. 
Mike

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here