Classic Designs > Classic Planes

Midwest ME 109

<< < (14/14)

Dan McEntee:

--- Quote from: Dave_Trible on March 31, 2022, 01:38:51 PM ---It certainly looks nice.  During the time these were popular,  only three of these ever showed up in hobby shops or at the field in my area.  The ME,  P-51 and P-63.  I never knew of any others until long after production stopped.  I guess there may have been six or seven different ones.  The only one I had direct experience with was the ME 109.  It was awesome on a tired Fox .35.  They are just a bit too new to be classic however.  Great for profile and nostalgia 30.

--- End quote ---

Just going from memory, there was the P-40, P-51, Skyraider, P-63, and the ME-109 in the .35 size Midwest Warbird Series. I think all but the Skyraider were made in a .15 size also. Some consider the Magician in both sizes part of the series also. The designer, Vince Maccia, also published some war bird profile .35 size models such as the Kawasaki Tony, and a few others that were Classic legal because they were published before the deadline. They have a bit better airfoil also because you didn't need to worry about the ribs fitting on as small a sheet of balsa as possible!! It would be cool to have an "All Vince Maccia) profile contest!
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version