Classic Designs > Classic Planes

Midwest ME 109

<< < (2/14) > >>

Dave_Trible:
Yes I remember the shortage.  Some were getting the yellow balsa from New Guinea (sp).  Pine started to look good.

Richard Fleming:
I do know that Randy Smith has both the ME109 and the P-63 plans (Flying Models) listed as Classic legal. In the mid eighties I called Midwest and asked about the P-40 kit to see if it was classic legal, they said it was....but really had my doubts even back then. So......when was the P-40 (48") version plans designed and dated?  :o  Richard

Dave_Trible:
Guess I don't remember  a P-40.  All I can think of is a P-51,  the 109 and a P-39 I think.  The P-40 had to be after that.   When I find the time I'll dig out my stacks of old magazines and see what ads I find.

dennis lipsett:

--- Quote from: Dave_Trible on December 06, 2013, 01:58:37 PM ---Guess I don't remember  a P-40.  All I can think of is a P-51,  the 109 and a P-39 I think.  The P-40 had to be after that.   When I find the time I'll dig out my stacks of old magazines and see what ads I find.

--- End quote ---

They did make a P-40 but I had a Larry Richards reproduction of that kit and it was light years ahead of the Midwest offering. Perhaps the rarest of them is the Skyraider as it came out last and had the shortest production run. It was also never offered as a 15 size made by Midwest. Larry made one and I believe that he said that he sold about nine of them. I count my self among the lucky ones.

Dennis

Dave_Trible:
Well I understand that.  I AM attached to that Spitfire and will duplicate it.  Another quandry tho.  I am also fond of the Veco Hurricane.  When I saw Brodak had a kit I jumped to buy it.  Then I just found and bought an original Veco kit.  Now I'm not sure which to build- maybe both with different engines but shall I build the original kit or duplicate it?  Not going to build 10 copies of it.  Save it for.......?  A landfill one day after my departure?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version