Classic Designs > Classic Planes

Looking for kit suggestions

(1/2) > >>

Controlliner:
What kit would ye suggest for an OK Cub .149?

Steve Berry:
First thing that comes to mind is a lightly built Flying Clown, or something along those lines.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Controlliner on November 30, 2021, 02:09:34 PM ---What kit would ye suggest for an OK Cub .149?

--- End quote ---
If it's power is equivalent to the Fox then a Flight Streak Jr.

Ken

Dan McEntee:

--- Quote from: Controlliner on November 30, 2021, 02:09:34 PM ---What kit would ye suggest for an OK Cub .149?

--- End quote ---

So, it's close to a .15? Just making sure of displacement. Have you run the engine on a stand to see how it handles and what props seem to work on it? Instead of the Flying Clown, ( because I'm not that familiar with that airframe) the next down in size is the Circus Prince in the PDQ line. My son framed one up back when he was young teenager recovering from his dive out of the maple tree in our back yard. It's quite light and if the Cub isn't exactly a powerhouse it may be a good match. I would try running the engine and make sure it runs consistent and somewhat reliably. If it doesn't you can just put it in the display case and move on to something else. use some fuel with some castor in it.

Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

EddyR:
Cub .14 is a very low output motor. Not at all equal to any other.15.   I use to use them in small rc trainers in the 1950’s.  Not a great runner unless it is in new condition. I had one in a small zilch and it was gutless. I put a OS .15 in it and it flew well.
Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version