Classic Designs > Classic Planes

KA-10

(1/22) > >>

Dave_Trible:
Just aquired a new Russian engine-a Raduga 7cc (.42) stunt motor- and think a KA-10 would be a natural choice for it a some point.  I'm fairly sure the plans for it are available somewhere but don't know where.  Anyone know?  Also I remember a Yuri Sirotkin (spelling) Criterium of Aces airplane from the mid 60s that looked sharp.  Anyone have clues?

Dave

rustler:
Hi. I had one of those Radugas. Never ran it, but it felt excellent. Subsequently they seemed to aquire rather a bad reputation. Maybe give it a good bit of bench running to check it out first.
KA-10 - Not sure about this, but maybe Tom Dixon does a plan?
Sirotkin model? - Spacehound?

Mike Keville:
Am pretty sure Tom Dixon has the KA-10 plan.  Give him a call...

Dave_Trible:
Thanks!  I'll check him out.

steven yampolsky:

--- Quote from: Dave_Trible on December 27, 2013, 10:59:16 AM ---Just aquired a new Russian engine-a Raduga 7cc (.42) stunt motor- and think a KA-10 would be a natural choice for it a some point.  I'm fairly sure the plans for it are available somewhere but don't know where.  Anyone know?  Also I remember a Yuri Sirotkin (spelling) Criterium of Aces airplane from the mid 60s that looked sharp.  Anyone have clues?

--- End quote ---

The motor makes a great conversation piece but as far as stunt qualities, it's complete junk. The only good thing you can get out of the motor is the lightweight magnesium spinner that came with it.
In order to make it usable for stunt, one needs to replace piston,liner, crankshaft, head, backplate and the crankcase bearing inserts replaces.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version