Classic Designs > Classic Planes

Jetco Dolphin

<< < (2/4) > >>

Robert Zambelli:
What moments???????!!!!!!!

john e. holliday:
I can't remember. D>K

Bob Hunt:
Todd Lee used to fly one at VSC years ago and it performed very well (of course with Todd at the controls pretty much anything would perform very well...).

And I remember that a very young Dennis Adamisin used to fly one. I think he flew it at the 1966 Nats. I first met Denny and the rest of the Adamisin clan at the 1965 Nats; Marie was just a baby! Memories, memories...

Later - Bob

PS: Denny is shown in the photo below squeezing electrons into the tank of the Dolphin... LL~ LL~ ;D

Dave Hull:
Exactly, Bob. I don't think you're going to need anything like this kind of accuracy, but if you knew the exact proportion of your fuel components thus permitting you to calculate the number of moles involved and recall Avogadro's number (6.022142x10^23), and since you are metering by volume you know the exact composite temperature of your mixture, then you could figure out how many electrons Denny just pushed into his fuel tank by doing the math. Or, you could take the easy way out, not bother knowing how many electrons were involved in flying and just run some kind of battery. When the charger says it's "full," you go. Just sayin'.....

The Divot

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Dave Hull on November 07, 2023, 03:21:52 PM ---Exactly, Bob. I don't think you're going to need anything like this kind of accuracy, but if you knew the exact proportion of your fuel components thus permitting you to calculate the number of moles involved and recall Avogadro's number (6.022142x10^23), and since you are metering by volume you know the exact composite temperature of your mixture, then you could figure out how many electrons Denny just pushed into his fuel tank by doing the math. Or, you could take the easy way out, not bother knowing how many electrons were involved in flying and just run some kind of battery. When the charger says it's "full," you go. Just sayin'.....

The Divot

--- End quote ---
LL~ LL~ LL~
I always weigh my planes with a discharged battery just to be fair.

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version