News:

• May 06, 2024, 08:55:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tom Warden will never be forgotten...  (Read 4032 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Tom Warden will never be forgotten...
« on: March 26, 2008, 10:42:50 AM »
 Tom...What an amazing artist of the Round and Round of exceptionally gifted model designer, builder and flyer he was....
Uhhh...the Canopy doesn't quite look as good as Tom's? (Looks a bit too bulbulas' or the shape isn't quite right? Beautiful model otherwise.
THIS IS AN EXCEPTIONAL PHOTO...(Wish I could find a larger and higher resolution.photo?)  H^^
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 09:38:30 AM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
Re: Tom Warden will never be forgotten...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 11:45:32 AM »
HI Don. That is his continental. It was displayed  at last years VSC. I thought it was a very heavy model.  The pilots eyes were blood shot.  I forget who owns it now, but I am building a special cut Continental done for me by RSM three years ago. Almost identical to the RSM kit now in production. H^^

Wow! Somehow...I have never seen any of his beautiful models up close and personal...just the magazine article when it first came out!
With that in mind...guess it must be the angle of the camera that makes the canopy look a bit "bubbleeee'? LL~ H^^

Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 05:35:49 PM »
Well then, this is proof that you need to take the time and get your bod down to VSC in March. No more excuses. y1 #^ n1 H^^

VSC...This year had some awesome looking stunt models...huh?
Don Shultz

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 07:56:37 AM »
They have awesome models every year.  This year was special as the original hugger was back and she has grown up alot.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Mark_Gerber

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 06:06:34 PM »
Gary Sauder has Tom's Continental here in Colorado.  Gary lived in the LA area years ago and flew with Tom.  Gary's wife secretly bought the Continental from Tom and then gave if to Gary as a surprise.  He's the one who brought the plane to VSC several years ago and recently provided measurements to Eric Rule for the RSM kit.

Mark Gerber

Offline dankar

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 11:06:49 PM »
I knew Tom and had two of his ships. One was not finished and other was a Chipmonk. I had a great ST .46 in it and did fly it. Sold it to Robert our host. I sold unfinished ship as i was moving to Tucson. Robert was a good friend of Tom's and wanted him to have one of Tom's planes. I still have a bunch of props Tom worked on. I was sad that he passed on. One of the nicest modelers I had meet over the years. Sal Tabi/ Dale Kirn/ Dick McCoy/Duke Fox/ George Alldrich/ and several other great ones. Plus in SO. Cal. met many of the speed greats and these are fine helpful folks.
cheers,Dan

Offline gary sauder

• New Pilot
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 10:59:31 AM »
HI Don. That is his continental. It was displayed  at last years VSC. I thought it was a very heavy model.  The pilots eyes were blood shot.  I forget who owns it now, but I am building a special cut Continental done for me by RSM three years ago. Almost identical to the RSM kit now in production. H^^
Tom Warden's original Continental weighs 48 oz.
Gary Sauder

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here