Classic Designs > Classic Planes

Flying wing rebuild

<< < (3/3)

Dennis Toth:
Dan,
Thanks for the links, I now remember the issue. After reading the posts it seems that this is one time that sealing the hinge line is not what you want, as a matter of fact a gap helps. Looking at the proposed fix it is very similar to what Red did on the Stuntwing. I have been fascinated by the flying wing concept for stunt for a while and want to play with it a bit.

Since I fly OTS mostly the only ship available is the "Flip-Flop". It is the same basic layout as the Stuntwing and seems to have been one of the first to use the narrow outer wing section with the wide center. Several combat ships later used this but it does take extra wood and is more complicated to build than a straight wing so guess that's a negative for combat ships. I think it will be pretty good with electric power.

Best,    DennisT

bob whitney:
here in Florida the Half Fast was the hot combat ship .we found that by cutting the elevator at the taper ,gluing the outer 2 pieces solid and only using the center section  made it much harder to stall and seemed to fly just as well as the full elevator

doug coursey:

--- Quote from: bob whitney on February 24, 2022, 12:48:57 PM ---here in Florida the Half Fast was the hot combat ship .we found that by cutting the elevator at the taper ,gluing the outer 2 pieces solid and only using the center section  made it much harder to stall and seemed to fly just as well as the full elevator

--- End quote ---

The last combat planes we flew was the VooDoo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version