Classic Designs > Classic Planes

F-86 Sabre build

(1/17) > >>

Clint Ormosen:
New Classic started. First model in the new shop, too

1969 was a good year. Or so I've heard.

Lampione's F-86 Sabre.

edit: forgot to mention that this is another of Walter Umland's fine short kits.

Clint Ormosen:

--- Quote from: wwwarbird on September 28, 2014, 08:51:16 PM --- Cool, this will be fun to watch. What are you planning for power Clint?

--- End quote ---

I'm partial to the Brodak 40 for most of these Classic era models. It's a no surprises power package for me as I've used them in my last several models. I know what props, fuel, tank size, and rpm range they like. I expect this plane to weigh roughly 44-48 oz and the sq.in. is about 610. So the Brodak should be perfect.

Clint Ormosen:
Progress report.

For some reason the forum is only letting me add one pic per post. If I add two, I get a "file to large" message. I'll figure it out later.

Clint Ormosen:
I usually start sanding and shaping as I go, but balsa dust kills me these days. So, I'm just doing all the big construction work first then I'll put away the jigs and use my new handy dandy sanding table to suck all the nasty dust as I shape stuff.
Doing the hinge slots and horn holes here. Yes, I'm using more than 2 per side!

Clint Ormosen:
The Sabre's wing is a bit thin for this style of BC. A Tom Morris style would have fit better. Less hogging out of the ribs for clearance.
That is not spruce BC mounts. It's just old balsa turned brown.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version