Classic Designs > Classic Planes

F-86 Sabre build

<< < (2/17) > >>

Clint Ormosen:
More

Clint Ormosen:

--- Quote from: wwwarbird on November 14, 2014, 10:23:44 PM --- Any more progress here Clint? D>K

--- End quote ---

A little bit. Not much photo worthy, though. Been working on wing tips, LG blocks, doping the tail feathers, little stuff like that.

Edit: a few pics

Wing tips

Clint Ormosen:
Misc. stuff.

wwwarbird:

--- Quote from: Clint Ormosen on November 16, 2014, 12:01:28 AM ---Nope. They don't fit without interfering with the movement. '' See how close they are to the brass stand offs? So those little ones have thread locker on them then I covered them with JB weld. Probably never come off.  I hope.

The elevator horn has a lock nut, though.

--- End quote ---

Hmm, it's your call Clint but the photo still makes me nervous, seeing how little bolt you've got sticking through. Can you flip the direction of the bolts from what you're showing in the photo and then put a washer and locknut against the ball joint bushing? Looking at the photo you would need a slightly longer bolt to do so (so it would reach the nylock portion of the nut) but it looks like it might work. If it's possible, I'd do that and then also red Loctite the nut on final assembly. Whatever let's you sleep... ;D :##

Clint Ormosen:
Good timing, Wayne. A little more progress.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version