News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:22:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Scott Crichton's Tempo III  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Scott Crichton's Tempo III
« on: September 09, 2022, 05:01:48 PM »
Got an email the other day from Scott, with a picture of his Tempo III...admittedly based on an early Palmer Thunderbird. He said it flew better than his buddy Bob Nelson's Thunderbird. The 2nd picture is from the local newspaper, to establish some proof of time frame. I'm pretty sure that picture was from '62.

Scott and Bob both went off to Vietnam in the middle 1960's and both came back, but with some Agent Orange after effects.  :'( Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Scott Crichton's Tempo III
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 07:39:13 AM »
GOTTA SEE MORE!!!  Probably the T-Bird II fuse just finished off (extended a bit?) in back where the rudder use to be?  Looks like a trike gear, that forward canopy (from a MW Panther?) is VERY modern looking for '62.
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Scott Crichton's Tempo III
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 12:12:29 AM »
Sure looks like a dolled up Veco team racer in the second picture. Or...?

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here