Classic Designs > Classic Planes

Brodak Gypsy

(1/14) > >>

Tom Vieira:
Howdy guys,

my first full fuse build!  figured I'd post a couple pics of my progress.  Not exactly up to date (I'm well in to making a mess out of the cowl and hollowing out the blocks), but she's coming along nicely!

I was planning on a ROJETT 61 Cast as a motor, but after a few recent wrecks (I can barely manage a beginner pattern at the moment....), I'm going with the 46AXII as I had one sitting under my bench.  she's portly, but it'll work.

Tom Vieira:
for reference on the weight of the 46AXII.  i'll probably use the jett muffler, which is a scant 1.3oz compared to the 3.9oz "powerbox" muffler it comes with, or the 2.8 compared to the LA series mufflers.

ray copeland:
My first full fuse build was a Vector along with my first experience hollowing blocks, I too struggled through it! Your Gypsy is looking good, hang in there it will be worth it!!

Tom Vieira:
Thanks!

I'm hitting that point where it is stupid tempting to rush through the rest of it saying "good enough".  I'm hardly an accomplished pilot or finisher, but, I'd at least like it to look super cool until I manage to stuff it!  hahahahaha!

Paul Smith:
I think the somewhat "heavy" engine will come in handy as nose weight.

If you are, as you say, a beginner stunt flyer, a heavy finish is a total waste of time, money, and mass.  Just get it in the air and learn to fly.

The BIG hurdle with a full body stunter is getting the engine/tank system to work right.  The almost-certain adjustments will compromise your finishing efforts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version