Classic Designs > Classic Planes

Brodak Gypsy

<< < (2/14) > >>

Tom Vieira:
Hi Paul,

you're absolutely correct.  with the finish, I'm just looking for it to not look like total hell and some hack put it together.  it's hardly going to be a plane to "show off".  but, if you're going to do it, might as well do it as best you can (within reason), right?

she won't do anything crazy until I can reliably fly the stunt pattern without stuffing it ;)  that's what my flight streak and RST are for!

Tom Vieira:
This weekend's progress....

made the tips, sanded the wing, mated the fuse!

not digging the huge holes left by the way the tips are made out of stacking sheets and carving/sanding, but the instructions show them as well and say it'll look fine when it's done...  we'll see!

Tom Vieira:
woooo!!!!!  mock up time!!!!!!

I need to get the rudder and elevator covered before attaching, along with the turtle deck done.  but, I could resist taping on the parts for a mockup!  there's a light clouded by balsa dust at the end of this tunnel!

excuse the glorious mess of a garbage box.  I tend to not throw anything out until a project is complete!  hard lessons learned as a youngster.....

Tom Vieira:
holy crap!  it looks like a plane!!!!

finally was able to do a complete mockup and mount the tail feathers.  The 46AXII is WAY to heavy for the nose of this ship, it balances pretty much on the leading edge!  That huge muffler is also the only one I had that fit, I tried a muffler from a 40FP and it wouldn't go on, same for the tube muffler I have from ROJETT.  not sure what's up with that, but the spacing on this for the bolt holes seems llllloooooooooooong compared to normal.

So, i'll likely run a 40FP or LA that I have, or track down a 46LA.  no weight yet, i'll do that tonight.  but, I have hours and hours of sanding to come....

Tom Vieira:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version