News:

• March 28, 2024, 06:41:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bi Slob  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Controlliner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Bi Slob
« on: November 05, 2021, 04:30:20 PM »
Has anyone used ae Fox Combat special mk3 in ae Bi Slob? I have one with an intake restrictor and works beautiful with ae 9X6 at ae four cycle.

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Bi Slob
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 11:50:49 PM »
Nope, no combat specials around here. I have one with a Fox .35 Stunt. A buddy has the same setup. Another guy here swears the Mickey Redhead is the only way to go. I suppose we are all running 10x6 or 9x6 props. Certainly, this is all the very latest technology....

The Divot

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 09:45:37 AM »
Howdy!  Sorry I can't make any recommendation regarding the Fox engine but I would like to share what my fellow club member did with his Bi-Slob ... he electrified it using a stock Brodak package.  I was surprised just how well it flew after tweaking the rpm/power adjustments  ;D

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 08:40:45 PM »
Now, now Sir James....

You say that it is possible to be Slobbin' with a 'lectric motorification. Wouldn't that be Cleanin'?  Seems like the Felix Unger of Dubble Wingurrrr's....

And not quite sure this story is all on the up-n-up. That field box is pulled right up to the plane, but:

--It's got an electric starter. Now, my English isn't always spot on, but them ain't starters for 'lectric motors, but a 'lectric motor for startin' a combustication-type En-Jine.

--It's got not one, but at least two glow-fuelly squirting devices. Don't try tellin' me it's for lubricatin' the bearings.... I fell off'n the turnip wagon more'n a month ago, you know....

--It's got one of them glow ignitors in there, too. Don't think they put them on to recharge them Bat'trees...?

So I kinda doubtful here about that being an actual Slob.

The Divot

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 03:20:53 PM »
Now, now Sir James....
Excellent observations but look at the prop and prop"nut".  Day be electric! y1

I know the hobby shop sized field box makes you think it is IC but maybe he hadn't fully made the transition.

Ken
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 04:11:22 PM by Ken Culbertson »
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 10:30:26 PM »
Now then, Mr. C'Bert'son, them folk at Aggressive 'Pendage Choppers (APC) have them gray jobs available to everybody, in all kind of wiggly shapes. Same with nuts. Lots of shiny nuts out there.... You can't be defamaging a Slobber on account of a gray prop and shiny nuts!

But the crux of the issue is that if we accept that it's 'lectrick and not a comboostyon en-jine, as the condition of the shirts and especially the pants would indicate, then it just can't be a slob. I suppose we could compromise on that if, before each flight, they squirted an ounce or two of Baker's Grade AA castor ayle onto the fuselage and Dubble wings...?  But they gotta spill some on their pants and rub their hands on their shirts, too....

The Divot

PS--And what the Sam Hill is that a pitcher of you sent? Looks like a cross between an Elco and a Raptor, but missing the cow catcher, handrails and mud tires? Still, it looks like some serious gear! And, it must be able to drive itself to the field with a gravity-fed gas tank that big. Mebbe the owner(s) could give some pointers to Elon about the 'tonnonomouse nagivation...?

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 10:48:58 PM »
LL~ LL~
PS--And what the Sam Hill is that a pitcher of you sent? Looks like a cross between an Elco and a Raptor, but missing the cow catcher, handrails and mud tires?  LL~ LL~
And it wasn't even the largest box on the field that day!  Gotta love electric.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 08:34:00 AM »
Now, now Sir James....

You say that it is possible to be Slobbin' with a 'lectric motorification. Wouldn't that be Cleanin'?  Seems like the Felix Unger of Dubble Wingurrrr's....

And not quite sure this story is all on the up-n-up. That field box is pulled right up to the plane, but:

--It's got an electric starter. Now, my English isn't always spot on, but them ain't starters for 'lectric motors, but a 'lectric motor for startin' a combustication-type En-Jine.

--It's got not one, but at least two glow-fuelly squirting devices. Don't try tellin' me it's for lubricatin' the bearings.... I fell off'n the turnip wagon more'n a month ago, you know....

--It's got one of them glow ignitors in there, too. Don't think they put them on to recharge them Bat'trees...?

So I kinda doubtful here about that being an actual Slob.

The Divot

And a top of the morning to you my good man!  Yessss ... rest assured it 'tis powered with a myriad of those tiny, tiny little, very little electron and proton thingys!! However as to the box ... there are some habits quite difficult to break, wouldn'tchu agree?  You know ... walking while listing to port or starboard so that one might counterbalance one's pristine championship model, eh?  Pip Pip and Cherrio LL~ LL~

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here