News:

• May 13, 2024, 01:22:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Best glo engine for a GMA Peacemaker?  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Jim Pollock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Best glo engine for a GMA Peacemaker?
« on: October 02, 2009, 05:39:36 AM »
Gentlemen,

The original full fuselage Peacemaker was powered by an Oliver Tiger 1.5CC Diesel engine.
GMA liked this engine for the Peacemaker very, very much.  My question is.....what glo
engine could approximately match the power of the Tiger?

OS LA .15?
OS FP .15?

Thunder Tiger .15?

What do you think?

Jim Pollock   ???    H^^

Offline John Hammonds

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Best glo engine for a GMA Peacemaker?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 12:59:07 PM »
I'm sure it's a typo, but it was the Oliver Tiger 2.5cc (It's a lot of aircraft even for an Olly 1.5). ;)

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.....
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2!
BMFA 165249

Alan Hahn

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 01:31:50 PM »
Yes, as I recall it was an Oliver Tiger 15 ( 0.15 cubic inches ).

I thought George recommended a glow 25's --of that era, as a replacement.

Although it seems to not be worried about anymore, I would also try to match the weight, which I assume the Tiger 15 had no muffler.

I bought the plans some years back from the MAN plans supply (they are still available), and the article was included. I think it is a little bigger than a Flite Streak (??). As I have mentioned before, I fly my ARF FS with a Fox15BB on 52 foot, 0.012 lines, but I am not sure that an FP15 is as strong as the Fox. So the 15's might be marginal if the Peacemaker is much larger than the FS.

Offline jjorgensen

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 02:01:26 PM »
I built and flew one with a Thunder Tiger .25 with a homemade tongue muffler. I plan to build another at some point, because it was a great flying airplane. I also had the profile version which flew extremely well on an old, wore out OS .20.
Jim Jorgensen

Offline Jim Pollock

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 07:06:26 AM »
I have a Magnum Pro .25, that is about the same as the Thunder Tiger, so I guess that I should obtain another one to power the Peacemaker if I ever get around to building it......ugh, so many models   :o....so little time :X

Jim Pollock   H^^ 

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 11:44:53 PM »
I have a Magnum Pro .25, that is about the same as the Thunder Tiger, so I guess that I should obtain another one to power the Peacemaker if I ever get around to building it......ugh, so many models   :o....so little time :X

Jim Pollock   H^^ 

The Magnum Pro/Thunder Tiger is much more engine than the Fox 25 from back in the day which I would think George would have recommended.  So I would say that you are good to go! ;D  (if I ever get around to building the model, I will use a '57 Fox 25)

Mongo
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Online Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 01:49:37 PM »
The OS 20 FP would be a really good match.  My next recommendation would be the older OS 25 Max.  This was like the little brother of the OS 35S, before th FP engines were produced.  The OS 25 Max runs smooth and is a full ounce lighter than the OS 25 FP and even ligheter than the OS 20 FP.

These engines show up on eBay from time to time.

Keith

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 06:47:17 PM »
The ENYA 20 will put out more power than the old style 25 OS so it would be a good match for the peacemaker also
or if more is needed the ENYA 25SS

Randy

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 04:01:44 PM »
Hello,

Both the profile Peacemaker and the full fuselage version are definitely smaller than the Flitestreak. I have flown my profile Peacemaker with Oliver Tiger power, back to back with the Flitestreak with FP 20 BBTU. Guess what, the power delivery from the Tiger beats the FP 20 as far as I am concerned! Both set ups are absolutely superb, but I prefer the Ollie. I have built a couple of full fuselage "stunt " Peacemakers, again Ollie powered. They are no where near as good as the profile version, don't ask me why there is such a big difference, I really can't figure it out.
  If you want a glo powered version of the full fuselage job, then go for the FP 20 with BBTU, better by far than most anything else. But why not go the Oliver Tiger route. John Oliver has restarted Ollie production! I bet an Oliver Tiger Major (3.5 cc) would do wonders for the full fuselage model.

Regards,

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 07:39:39 PM »
Brodak .25 would be a nice match. If you can get one.  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here