Classic Designs > Classic Planes

Ares

(1/2) > >>

RC Storick:

Bill Little:
A great looking plane!  The Ares is my all time sentimental favorite airplane.  y1

Gotta build me a new one, soon!  Just can't decide whether or not to do a '59 or a '62.  n~

I'm re-ribbing a '59 Ares and modifying it to use an OS 25 VF on pipe.  I am not looking to use it in Classic.

Great job on yours.

Bill <><

Warren Wagner:

--- Quote from: Bill Little on October 03, 2006, 06:25:57 AM ---Gotta build me a new one, soon!  Just can't decide whether or not to do a '59 or a '62.  n~

Bill <><

--- End quote ---

Bob,

That Ares is just superb!!!

Bill,

What are the major differences between the '59 and '62 versions of the Ares?

TIA

Warren Wagner

Bill Little:

--- Quote from: Warren Wagner on October 03, 2006, 09:12:09 PM ---Bob,

That Ares is just superb!!!

Bill,

What are the major differences between the '59 and '62 versions of the Ares?

TIA

Warren Wagner

--- End quote ---

Hi Warren,

The '62 Ares is an enlarged version that still maintains the shapes and looks very well.  The airfoil on the '62 is fatter  which is the major "design" difference.   Over all it is basically an enlarged version with longer span, moments and such.  The airfoil change is most noticeable.

Bill <><

Ron King:

--- Quote from: Bill Little on October 04, 2006, 06:57:20 AM ---The '62 Ares is an enlarged version that still maintains the shapes and looks very well.  The airfoil on the '62 is fatter  which is the major "design" difference.   Over all it is basically an enlarged version with longer span, moments and such.  The airfoil change is most noticeable.

Bill <><

--- End quote ---

I wonder which version Ambroid tried to kit?

Well, correction, they did kit the "Ares" and I actually built one. Unfortunately, I didn't know anything about I-beam wings and there was no one else around to help. Thus, my ribs were not securely glued to the I-beam. Needless to say, they came unglued during the first flight and I watched the wing shred itself to bits.  %^

I've never built another, but have several I-beam kits in the basement and have watched the Werwage video. At least I might be able to get a full flight out of my next one.  ~>

Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version