Classic Designs > Classic Planes

All American SR Brazilian way

<< < (2/9) > >>

wwwarbird:

Looks really nice Fred!  y1

fred cesquim:

--- Quote from: wwwarbird on January 06, 2017, 06:07:38 PM --- Looks really nice Fred!  y1

--- End quote ---
thanks a lot! now itīs ready for polyspan/carbon veil!

fred cesquim:

--- Quote from: Avaiojet on January 05, 2017, 02:18:42 PM ---Fred,

Wow! Outstanding!

My Mentor from Brazil, I am steaming jealous, I might even troll you.  LL~ LL~ LL~ Forgive me.  LL~

My All American Sr. is still in the box. BUMMER!!

Looks like you made a few building improvements, tip? Anything else?

Did you keep the inboard wing at 3" longer?

And you will power it with what?

Is this a customer's model or your own?

Nose heavy? Back then everything we flew balanced on the LE.  LL~ LL~ LL~

Please, post all the finishing tasks. I won't miss a thing.

One of your Grasshoppers,

Charles

--- End quote ---
hello Charles! thanks for the kind words again!
will be powered by enya 30
roght now the CG is on the wheel collars hahaha, had to add a few lead ballast to the tail, come really nose heavy!
yeap, 3" longer inside, looks odd but iīll live with that (maybe taking some medicine to tame my obsessions with simmetry)
someone told me that his plane have a tendency to come to the center of the circle, started to be worried with flight characteristics, but really, this one is built just for fun, no expectations of a good flyer.
i have only added tail wheel (used the tail skid as a cover to bury the wheel)
sheeted the back of the wingtip for better polyspan attachment and thatīs all
since i have no kit to compare, i am not sure if anything else was changed
finishing will be polyspan wing and carbon veil fuselage
right now have 3 dope layers sanded with 320 sandpapaer

john e. holliday:
Fred, once the plane is done and ready for flight make sure the engine is broke in.  I still have my AA Sr hanging on the hook.  Has flown at VSC (Vintage Stunt Championships) in Tuscon Arizona.   On grass the take off is not that bad if you make a smooth take off.  On pavement be on your toes and immediately start moving backwards to keep the lines tight, same on grass but not as much.   The landings is where you have to land it F2C racing style.  In other words you give down elevator to keep it planted to the surface.  If you try landing like a normal stunt plane you will have many landings other wise known as bounces before it stops.    It takes practice.  It is a fun plane to fly, also don't forget the wingtip weight.will be more than normal.

fred cesquim:

--- Quote from: Avaiojet on January 11, 2017, 05:48:02 AM ---Fred,

Good morning "Brazil style," whatever that means.  ;D

Stake and eggs?

What kit is this your building?

Were you tempted to shorten the nose and add a bit to the tail length?

I think this has been done before with the All American SR.? (Note my question mark.)

Can't wait to see your progress and the finish will be "Brazil Style" with great flag colors
I just love those international flags.

Charles

--- End quote ---

hello Charles!
well, Brazilian breakfast is not fancy as USA version! the usual is bread with butter on the hot plate (pão na chapa) and a cup of coffe with milk (média) hahaha
and the coffee comes in a "copo americano" sorta american glass, donīt know why this name, but itīs the one in the picture.
My BEST breakfast ever was on HW1 on a nice stop at Davenport. Full American breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, bread and coffe!
back to the model world:
itīs not a kit, just laser cut ribs and fuse sides. i am following original DeBolt plans
havenīt tried to change anything to keep the originality of the model!
really would benefit of a shorter nose and longer tail, but then we would loose the charm!
be back soon!
regards
Fred

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version