Classic Designs > Classic Planes

"New" Veco Tom Tom

(1/7) > >>

Bill Little:
I recently received a Tom Tom kit by Aero using the Veco dies, etc..  This a very different looking "Tom Tom' from the original.  More jet styled and looks like a built up version of the Tomahawk II.  Is anyone knowledgeable about when this kits was released?  I am guess 1965-66 ??  Same size wing as the original Tom Tom, just different tips.  Fuselage has a bubble canopy.  Great looking candidate for an OS .20FP, .25LA or a Veco BB .19.

Any help?
Thanks!
Bill

Bill Morell:
Bill, I believe it is much newer than that. Aero got the dies after Dumas.

Bill Little:

--- Quote from: Bill Morell on July 06, 2015, 04:18:10 PM ---Bill, I believe it is much newer than that. Aero got the dies after Dumas.

--- End quote ---

Hi Bill,

Yes, but I "believe" it was actually released by Veco before they closed up shop.  No new dies were made that I know of so these had to have come from Veco.  Like the Tomahawk II....  I think there was also a "Little Tom Tom" styled like the kit I have.

Thanks!
Bill

Jim Kraft:
It is my understanding also that the bubble canopy version was by Dumas. Veco only kitted the original version with the smoothie look. I could be wrong though. I have one of the original style Tom Toms with an Enya 19 IV on it that fly's great.

Bill Morell:
I have seen both versions in Veco kit boxes. I never liked  the bubble canopy as much as the original. I have always thought Brodak would kit this but not so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version