News:

• May 17, 2024, 08:27:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brickhaus in Trouble!  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Brickhaus in Trouble!
« on: February 11, 2008, 09:10:59 AM »
Urgent message:

Allen Brickhaus is building an "Olympus" as shown on the other forum.

We need an emergency meeting on the "Red Neck Mountain Mafia"

Allen is not only using $cote on this Classic Airplane, but now admits to using "PAINT" in what should be the canopy area!

Dennis, Bill, Randy.. much has to be relayed to Mr Brickhaus!

AMA 7544

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Brickhaus in Trouble!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 10:25:57 AM »
Urgent message:

Allen Brickhaus is building an "Olympus" as shown on the other forum.

We need an emergency meeting on the "Red Neck Mountain Mafia"

Allen is not only using $cote on this Classic Airplane, but now admits to using "PAINT" in what should be the canopy area!

Dennis, Bill, Randy.. much has to be relayed to Mr Brickhaus!

HMMMMM  $cote  and  painted in canopy.....maybe the  lost art of   *FLOGGING should be  reinstated !!!

Randy

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 11:46:39 AM »
Just remember he's from " Southern " Illinois.
Leester
ama 830538

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 01:46:27 PM »
 %^ %^ %^This is not good. n1 n1 n1 There outta be a law... y1 y1 y1 :##
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 01:50:59 PM »
Yes, I read this sad note and I'm afraid that drastic measures may need to be taken. It appears that one of our brethern has strayed from the flock; clearly he's been out amongst the English and needs to be returned to the family's fold.

Perhaps a few, gentle taps to the knee area with brother Bill's baseball bat would serve as a small reminder.

Brother Dennis has had this experience and can probably advise the recreant as to his transgressions.

(man, having 4 uncles and 2 great uncles that are preachers really comes in handy)
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 11:45:24 AM »
Hmmmmm............

A Executive Board Meeting of the RNMM might have to be called immediately.  A plane of the historical nature of the Olympus HAS to have a clear canopy and cockpit detail.  There is no way around it.  Eyes looked the other way on the Trianic, hoping a change of ways would come about.  This could be ugly.......
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 05:28:28 PM »
...all I know is before I crossed the RNMM I was 6'4"  :X - now I'm 5' 16"... ~^
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 08:07:36 AM »
I just heard that Allen only goes to the Stuka Forum.

Someone will just have to tell him over there.
AMA 7544

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 01:56:46 PM »
I read the Allen is in the middle of an Ice Storm, so he may have a slight reprieve for his transgressions. Slight.

Trust me, he will get word of his apostasy.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 04:48:42 PM »
Allen, Don't listen too these guys. Just tell em it's a free country, but most of this adds up to less appearence points. Someone has to stick up for you! HB~>

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 11:03:58 PM »
I just heard that Allen only goes to the Stuka Forum.

Someone will just have to tell him over there.

If that's true, we just won't bother.........
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 12:01:52 PM »
Doc, as a long time friend of Allen's I will take just about any opportunity to bust his chops.  And that's all there is to it.  Which is what I *believe* Tom was also doing.  Allen posts here quite frequently.

I definitely did not appreciate the garbage that once flowed on SSW about this site, though, and I have known Leonard a long, long time and am a *Charter Member* of SSW.  I have no hard feeling towards Leonard at all.  Talked with him quite a bit last time I saw him in person.  I post there when I have something that I can talk about with some knowledge of the subject. 

There are many guys who visit both places as do I.  But there is a definite reason this site was formed, and that reason hasn't changed.  Everyone is welcome here, but if they don't like it here, then don't let the door hit them in the butt on the way out. 

I don't see anyone not *getting along* here.  But if that's the case, then it's no different than anywhere else in society today.  Dear God, would it be boring if everyone agreed on everything!   If we can't agree to disagree sometimes, then someone does have a problem.

Looking forward to seeing the P-39, it looks great so far!  (but I think the Spitfire will be prettier! LOL!!)
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 12:54:14 PM »
Hi Doc,  (this is in no way directed towards you, or most of the people here)

To those that don't know me, haven't spent time in my house as guests, shared a motel room at a contest, played ball with me at some point, etc.,:

It seems that I am the guy your Mother's warned you about.......... without even trying.

As I have aged, I enjoy the friendship of guys involved in this event as much, if not MORE, than the actual competition.  I feel I am past the point of ever being a serious contender on the *National level*, which definitely serves to my detriment in some circles, although not among two of my most favorite people who are both ex- World Champions.  The fears many experience of voicing their opinions is real.  My oldest son will trash me for even saying anything about that!  But, there are those that many would not believe that don't do or say certain things because they feel it will harm their chances sometime wither in the present or down the road.

(from this point on, the original text is deleted by me, it serves no purpose).

Bill Little
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 01:24:06 PM by Bill Little »
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 01:16:57 PM »
To quote Jimmy Buffet: We are the people our parents warned us about.

And I agree with Bill. I disagree with people here and that's fine. Sometimes they present cogent arguments and I change my mind. Some times it's the other way around and sometimes we just agree to disagree and that's perfectly fine. As Bill notes, there is no reason we have to agree on everything and it's interesting to hear folk's opinions. I can often understand why they believe what they believe but it doesn't mean I agree. Again, that's fine. No reason I need to.

To quote Windy: there room for everyone.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 02:42:27 PM »
To quote Jimmy Buffet: We are the people our parents warned us about.

And I agree with Bill. I disagree with people here and that's fine. Sometimes they present cogent arguments and I change my mind. Some times it's the other way around and sometimes we just agree to disagree and that's perfectly fine. As Bill notes, there is no reason we have to agree on everything and it's interesting to hear folk's opinions. I can often understand why they believe what they believe but it doesn't mean I agree. Again, that's fine. No reason I need to.

To quote Windy: there room for everyone.

Hi Randy,

I went back and changed a bit of the message, sorry! 

I have enjoyed our chats now for several years!  A Classic example of two very different (yet similar) people involved in the same avocation.  And enjoying it for really the same basic reasons.  I know that you are as I.  You would give anything (within reason! LOL!)  to a friend in need as would I and many of our mutual acquaintances.

It's funny, I am not really a *hot head*, you know my background, and I had to train myself to stay composed as you know.  But there are several things that certain people cannot do.  Call me a liar, insult my intelligence, etc.. The insulting the intelligence is a deep rooted problem stemming from my youth, where poor people were tight of as less than intelligent.  If I were to get into a p!$$!#& contest on growing up *poor* there would be VERY few who could come close to the first 6 or 7 years of my life. Things didn't get MUCH better for several more years, either.  So that is a personal problem, but i am too old to try and change that.  Anyway I don't *feel the need*.

If I offend, it isn't always my intention, if ever.  It is basically an instinctive response to an insult.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 08:35:11 AM »
I spoke to Allen.  For personal reasons, he is not here.  If anyone feels the need to know why, just blame it on me, it wouldn't be the first or last time, and it doesn't bother me to shoulder blame, whether it is mine or not.  It is just simpler some times.

But, Allen and I are ok, as far as I know from our conversations, it is just a personal thing and that's all. ;D

Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 12:34:40 AM »
Yes, I read this sad note and I'm afraid that drastic measures may need to be taken. It appears that one of our brethern has strayed from the flock; clearly he's been out amongst the English and needs to be returned to the family's fold.

Perhaps a few, gentle taps to the knee area with brother Bill's baseball bat would serve as a small reminder.

Brother Dennis has had this experience and can probably advise the recreant as to his transgressions.

(man, having 4 uncles and 2 great uncles that are preachers really comes in handy)
It seems to me that that kind of punishment was invented somewhere in Portland Or. HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~>

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here