News:

Advertise Here

• February 18, 2020, 12:24:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: You Build with? Say What!  (Read 127 times)

Online Avaiojet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
You Build with? Say What!
« on: December 26, 2019, 07:09:33 AM »
There's always various methods of building, probably as many as there are modelers.

So, I decided to list my method, that is, EXACTLY WHAT I USE in building my models AND in finishing them.

I'm welcoming other modelers to do the same. POST YOUR LIST!

Here's my list:

CA, both thin and thick.
CA Kicker.
5 minute and 20 minute Epoxy.
Micro-Balloons.

Currently, I'm only using silk as a covering for sheeted areas and open bay areas.

I brush the following:
Sig Clear Dope and I only use Sig clear dope thinner.
Deft Wood Finish, lacquer.
Minwax Polycrylic, water base.

Aerosol can products:
White Lacquer Primer.
Auto Spot Putty.
Krylon colors.
Automotive 2K Clear.

It's not a long list but I personally don't need anything else. These are my models finished with these products.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 06:30:25 PM by Avaiojet »
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS
 Please visit my updated Website! www.cfcgraphics.com  If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot.  Owner of CFC Graphics. "Model Airplane Graphics from a Model Airplane Builder."  "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten.  I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.  "Ya gotta love it when a plane comes together."  Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Online Avaiojet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: You Build with? Say What!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 07:30:25 AM »
Others
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS
 Please visit my updated Website! www.cfcgraphics.com  If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot.  Owner of CFC Graphics. "Model Airplane Graphics from a Model Airplane Builder."  "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten.  I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.  "Ya gotta love it when a plane comes together."  Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Tags:

Advertise Here