News:

• March 28, 2024, 06:34:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Warbird Models!  (Read 5423 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Warbird Models!
« on: March 06, 2013, 07:20:29 AM »
GOOD MORNING WARBIRD LOVERS!! Say like Robin Williams.  ;D

My first interest has always been scale, the Golden Era actually. I’ve had interest in Warbirds and just about any military aircraft, but not like aircraft or the Racers of this Era.

I actually started CFC Graphics because of  modelers needing graphics and masks for their Warbirds. There’s always been guys making graphics for Warbirds, but never as correct as they could or should be.

Don’t think for one New York minute I don’t have regrets for selling my R/C Warbirds. It’s embarrassing when all you have left is ARF Warbirds still in the box.

Can’t look back, must look forward.

My interest in Warbirds has recently been fueled and I found myself looking over photos of  past customer’s models that I took a small part in.

No sales pitch, I just I thought I’d share these photos.

Great models, and great guys!

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Warbird Models!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 09:33:31 AM »
Some very beautiful warbirds there for sure!  Thanks for sharing Charles. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 07:42:12 PM »
Some very beautiful warbirds there for sure!  Thanks for sharing Charles. H^^

Glenn,

Thanks for the reply!

Here's my favorite Warbird.

Few more panel lines on the fuselage, a clear coat and building is completed on this model!

« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:46:42 PM by Avaiojet »
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 03:06:20 PM »
That's quite a transfiguration right there now!  ;D
John Stiles             Tulip, Ar.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 06:11:08 AM »
That's quite a transfiguration right there now!  ;D

John,

I wish there would be more Warbird CL stunt ships.

There are many really nice CL stunt ship designs but my favorite will always be Warbirds.

You don't see many Warbird CL stunt ships.

Charles

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 01:30:32 PM »
Hello Charles,
that is some work on the P40! Really, really impressive.
The cockpit detail, well the chair and harness something special.
Is there another thread on it I have missed?I
I was just wondering what size it was, how close to actual scale and what you ended up powering it with?
You said you were putting on one more coat of clear, I think I actually like the matt finish.  Is that how it ended up? Did you ever get to fly it?
Sorry, I am full of questions today. Ha!
All the best
Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 05:09:51 PM »
Hello Charles,
that is some work on the P40! Really, really impressive.
The cockpit detail, well the chair and harness something special.
Is there another thread on it I have missed?I
I was just wondering what size it was, how close to actual scale and what you ended up powering it with?
You said you were putting on one more coat of clear, I think I actually like the matt finish.  Is that how it ended up? Did you ever get to fly it?
Sorry, I am full of questions today. Ha!
All the best
Craig

Craig,

There's a Thread at "Building Techniques." Second page, titled  "Silk Purse!" P-40 Warhawk! from a Ringmaster?"

Half way down the page.

You'll see it.

Thanks for the interest.

Charles

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here