News:
Support----><----Support

Advertise Here

• November 18, 2019, 02:27:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sky King! What an Inspiration.  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Sky King! What an Inspiration.
« on: October 17, 2019, 07:45:16 AM »
General Aviation, GA. Many of us are pilots and for various reasons.

No, my dad didn't fly or have an airplane, no one in my family did.

My desire to fly and become a pilot, the inspiration, came from another areas.

I was going through my file cabinets eliminating years of paper work no longer needed. Tons of it, and much not model related.

Under "S" I can't believe how much paper I've collected on Sky King's Songbird. Especially the Cessna T-50 Bobcat and a bit on the Cessna 310.

Sky King. What a show and that show is one of the reasons I became a pilot at an early age. Black and white TV, it was great!

The Cessna T-50 Bobcat was an amazing aircraft. I have my own plans for this model which one day I'll scale down and build one for CL. The one I have is large and was for R/C.

I did draw plans and build the Cessna 320, which is close to the early 310, but not the 310.

I may draw plans and build the Cessna 310 Songbird.

Why this Thread?

I cannot be the only one inspired by the Sky King series?

So, if you have anything to offer in the way of the Sky King series, the T-50 Bamboo Bomber, T-50, or the Cessna 310 or just conversation and photos,

You can place them in this Thread!

I'm busy with other stuff currently, but I'll be placing all kinds of interesting Sky King and Songbird stuff soon.

SKY KING!!!

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS

Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS
 Please visit my updated Website! www.cfcgraphics.com  If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot.  Owner of CFC Graphics. "Model Airplane Graphics from a Model Airplane Builder."  "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten.  I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.  "Ya gotta love it when a plane comes together."  Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Sky King! What an Inspiration.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 08:26:08 PM »
Not the Songbird,

But a great photo of the Cessna T-50.

Flying Magazine, 1966
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS

Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS
 Please visit my updated Website! www.cfcgraphics.com  If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot.  Owner of CFC Graphics. "Model Airplane Graphics from a Model Airplane Builder."  "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten.  I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.  "Ya gotta love it when a plane comes together."  Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Tags:

Advertise Here