News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:48:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Osprey  (Read 1846 times)

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
My Osprey
« on: July 20, 2017, 08:50:18 PM »
Rusty,

Wow!

Quick look and I thought it was a Flite Streak.

Great job on this model. Kudos... Hey! Post this fine model at CFC Graphics. It would be appreciated.

When will you tackle the Cardinal?...
Charles

Okay, Charles. By request, here she is, the Osprey:

It's a Sig Skyray 35 kit, bashed to resemble a Streak. I made some changes, like all balsa full ribs instead of half ribs. I forget its weight, but it was in the wheelhouse for an FP.25 with a clunk tank. I hope this isn't more than you wanted to see. It was the first PA ship I'd built from top to bottom. I'd rebuilt a Shoestring for my Beginner days, and then a Yak-9 for sport. But I built this one to fly in Intermediate.

I did add 4 or 5 gussets to the tip, but don't seem to have a picture.

As for the Cardinal, today I had a second set of plans printed. The originals are a pair of 30" x 42" sheets, and I have them hanging up on a wire plansline behind my table. The table appears to still be level after building the Tazz Twister wing, but I think I'll replace the two 24 x 24 x 1/2 sheetrock squares that lay on top of the glass. The box is on the table and I opened it to inspect the fuse slab. I'm going to build the fuselage first. It has a very slight bow, but it's nice looking wood. I have to decide whether to make a new laminated one or go with the kit wood. Lots of decisions. It isn't going to look like anybody else's Cardinal. It'll have wing mounted LG too.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here