News:

• March 28, 2024, 09:56:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Your Bucket List! Share Your Dreams!!  (Read 14704 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Your Bucket List! Share Your Dreams!!
« on: April 03, 2015, 10:16:15 AM »
I changed the title of this Thread for a few reasons.

Dreams.

Where would life be without Dreams?

I cannot remember how young I was when I first dreamed of becoming a pilot.

Dedication made my dream come true.

A lifetime later, well, I'm no longer a pilot, but I still dream.

Now the real fun begins, models that I hope I live long enough to build and finish.  ;D

Pushy Galore framed and waiting for silk.

Texaco No. 13. I have the fuselage parts to this model drawn.

I do have the Texaco 13 wing framed! A modified ARF Smoothie wing.

The Gee Bee R-3 is now framed, silked and ready for primer.

The Gee Bee Z is now framed, silked and ready for primer.

The AG Cat is partially built. Wings are holding me up.

The Fire Boss Started the fuselage and the rest is in progress.

See how far I can progress with this stuff. #^

Share your dreams.

Any conversations or Posts on these models or your "bucket list" your "Dreams," would be welcomed.

Charles

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:56:48 PM by Avaiojet »
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
Re: My Bucket List! Photo added!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 09:13:46 PM »
Here's the Gee Bee Z I built for R/C. Yes, years ago. Scale outlines, 55" in span with a vintage OS 80.

Could be a scale contender for CL?

EDITED: Well, here it is some months later. Progress has been made.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 11:27:07 AM by Avaiojet »
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 02:39:55 PM »
Waiting diligently on the Mig! ;D
John Stiles             Tulip, Ar.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 04:49:56 PM »
Waiting diligently on the Mig! ;D

John,

I've been working on the Mig-3. I have the entire nose detailed, stacks in place and painted.

EDITED: Here is the Mig-3 completed.

HOWEVER!

My bucket list.

I have to add this fine stunt model, the Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9, designed by David McClellan.

It's really a great looking design and I plan on learning a bit more about it.

Here's my scheme for this model.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 11:24:20 AM by Avaiojet »

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 05:06:52 AM »
Thats a pretty piece right there....I'm currently working on a Mustang. H^^
John Stiles             Tulip, Ar.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 05:34:32 AM »
Thats a pretty piece right there....I'm currently working on a Mustang. H^^

John,

Everything OK?

Mustangs are great! I have an old Balsa USA one someplace.  n~

Which Mustang are you building?

I'm putting the FW 190 on hold. Looks like it will be the No. 13 TEXACO that will be next.

Thing is, I can't find a drawing with the wings the same. There's no constancy in the wing outter shape?

Even with semi-scale-stunt, SSS, that's not a good beginning.

Post the Mustang!

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 07:36:06 AM »
Well, I've added a few models to my bucket list.

One is the Fireboss. I already started the fuselage, now I'm drawing up the plans for the wing and tail feathers.

The other is the Ag Cat 164. Most of this model is already drawn. Fuselage is framed so are the tail feathers. I'm working on a few CAD parts, ribs and things, for laser cutting.

If I do a build on the Ag Cat, all photos will be B&W. The aircraft is from the 50's. Like the Old days.

Charles

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 06:08:33 AM »
Hello Charles,
you list the Texaco 13 in your bucket list and said you had the wings made up.
Is it in the hangar waiting to move up the build list.
I am not familiar with it but I will look it up.
What wing did you end up using for it? Wing span and engine size or are you not up to that stage yet.
All the best
Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 08:35:56 AM »
Hello Charles,
you list the Texaco 13 in your bucket list and said you had the wings made up.
Is it in the hangar waiting to move up the build list.
I am not familiar with it but I will look it up.
What wing did you end up using for it? Wing span and engine size or are you not up to that stage yet.
All the best
Craig

Craig,

I modified an ARF Smoothie wing. I do have the fuselage/parts drawn in CAD. I also have a fiberglass cowling which I believe I can use, left over from a Corsair project that didn't develop.

I throw nothing out.

The Texaco 13 and the Mystery Ship are great aircraft to model.

I can't wait to get started on the Texaco 13.

Thanks for the reply.

Charles

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 02:43:21 AM »
Charles!
that's my Mystery Air Ship! Oh dear.
Now I will have to think of something else? I am partial to the Texan or.........what about the Macci 202? (spelling?)
Keep it up mate you are the man!
Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 07:51:37 AM »
Charles!
that's my Mystery Air Ship! Oh dear.
Now I will have to think of something else? I am partial to the Texan or.........what about the Macci 202? (spelling?)
Keep it up mate you are the man!
Craig

Craig,

You might have left out a letter? n~

I'll bet there's plenty of kits available on that Italian beauty.

Post in the "Open" section of the Forum where everyone will see it for available kits.

Charles

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
Re: Your Bucket List! Share Your Dreams!!
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2018, 06:05:12 PM »
This Thread has been inactive for some time.  n1

So, I changed the title.

I'm looking forward to hearing about models you plan on building in the future.

Interesting? Sure. Inspiring? I hope so.

Post your 'Bucket List."

Charles

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 09:15:23 PM »
Your Bucket List! Share Your Dreams!!

My bucket list?... Nearly a year ago, my top list item became unexpectedly elusive the day before I was set to try and achieve it... I wanted to Belong in Advanced CLPA. I'm still hoping I can get another crack at it.

Right now, I'd settle for being able to get out to the shop a couple of times a week. That will happen... damnit!
Rusty

EDIT: Now I see it was about building... That'd be to finish building my Cardinal
And then my "Original" Streak, still in the box,
And my Sterling P-51, also still in the box.
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Kevin Muckleroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2018, 02:23:48 AM »
Started CL Building & Flyin in the mid 1970s Always wanted a Sig Chipmunk. Always got pushed to the back burner for other projects. Now I have 2 Sig kits and 1 RSM Chipmunk Kit and again I keep building something else. Someday I will build that Chipmunk.

2nd would be a 92 Cardinal. I had started a foam wing kit from Windy back in the Mid 1990s. Life came along and had to sell all my airplane stuff. Fast Forward to 2018. John Wright of the Knights of the Round Circle asked if I wanted to buy one of my old airplanes back told him sure thing pick it up at VSC. Well GOLLY! Low & Behold it was my unfinished untouched 92 Cardinal I had sold back in the 90s. Fuselage already built & setup for an ST60. Foam wings already sheeted, Stab & Elevator Done just as it was when I sold it. So yes that is back on the List.

Macaluso F-8 Crusader
C Parrot P-47
and last but not least for Old Time Stunt an EL Diablo

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 08:11:26 AM »
Kevin,

I just saw your Post.

I don't have the time to be in the Forum as I once did. I'm busy.

The "El Diablo."

I see this model fly from time to time.

Dennis flies one at our field.

He wins contests with his!

Did you start the build?

Charles

Offline Kevin Muckleroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2018, 01:36:31 PM »
Kevin,

I just saw your Post.

I don't have the time to be in the Forum as I once did. I'm busy.

The "El Diablo."

I see this model fly from time to time.

Dennis flies one at our field.

He wins contests with his!

Did you start the build?

Charles

Not started yet, Waiting on  builtrightflyright to get back up and running to order a kit from them.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 06:37:35 PM »
Dreams do come true, if you make them.

My TEXACO 13 is alive and well. 20 years I thought about building and completing a model of this interesting aircraft.

See the TEXACO 13 Build happen at the Scale Model Forum.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here