News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:54:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mig-3, My Really New Ride! NEW PHOTOS!  (Read 20702 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Mig-3, My Really New Ride! NEW PHOTOS!
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2016, 08:06:37 AM »
When is it going to fly, or is it a hanger queen?  You do terrific finishes.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2016, 12:01:21 PM »
When is it going to fly, or is it a hanger queen?  You do terrific finishes.

Doc,

I don't build hanger queens. I fly all my models as I have over many years. Some being better built and better "lookers" than what I'm turning out in CL.

I enjoy building more than flying, but I do fly.

I have to brake in the engine in the Mig-3 and in the ARGO. I have to remove the engines to do this.

I expect that these models, especially the Stuka Tank Buster will be air active just after the first of the year.

I hope to get the Gee Bee Z completed before the first of January. I've also started an Ag Cat and the Fire Boss. So I'm busy building.

I'm not afraid to fly any of the models I design and build.

Hang in there Doc, I'll have great photos of all these models flying.

What's the point of building if you don't put them in the air.

Thanks for the reply.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2016, 01:45:51 PM »
Not so sure that is a MIG-3.  Nevertheless, the name doesn't matter.  It's very nicely done with plenty of detail.  Let us know if you have flown, because maybe you have made a stunt winner!

Floyd
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2016, 04:01:12 PM »
Not so sure that is a MIG-3.  Nevertheless, the name doesn't matter.  It's very nicely done with plenty of detail.  Let us know if you have flown, because maybe you have made a stunt winner!

Floyd

Floyd,

Thanks for the favorable comments.

The model is far from a stunt winner, it's in at 56 oz possibly a tad more.

So is the ARGO at 55oz. Both are small models. they were good learning experiences though and they are nice to look at. I don't care if they don't do the pattern. They wern't designed to.

I'm hoping the Stuka Tank Buster will come in at around 50oz, possibly less, and it looks like it will. That model has a bit more wing area and could be a good flyer.

The ARGO II I expect to be a good flyer for my first real attempt at a light stunt design.

Floyd, I know how well you build, so your replies are really appreciated.

Thank you for the kind comments.

Charles

Edited, Stuka Tank Buster came in at 55oz and change, small change.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 08:13:09 AM by Avaiojet »
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2016, 06:50:05 PM »
     Hello Charles:

Great work!! I got chest pains and a pain shooting down my left arm when I saw this plane. You are a great artist!

Be well my friend,

Frank McCune

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2016, 08:47:08 PM »
     Hello Charles:

Great work!! I got chest pains and a pain shooting down my left arm when I saw this plane. You are a great artist!

Be well my friend,

Frank McCune

Frank,

"The Real McCune."

You're to kind and thanks for the truthful remarks. 

Kidding, I'm just having a bit of fun.  LL~

Did you see the Stuka Tank Buster? I hope to be back on it at the end of the month. This is a wet month in FL, rains quite a bit and my spray booth is the outdoors.

Frank,

Don't tell anyone, but I just started framing a model of this aircraft. Mums the word.

Thanks for the reply and the kudos.

Charles

Offline Will Moore

• Commander
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2016, 12:40:32 PM »
Hey Charles,

Just noticed this thread. I have to say WOW.  Exquisite model. Looks like the real thing.  I would like to see it in person.

Hope we can meet up soon.  I know you are working . I've been flying with the boys at the field, but missed last three weeks because of house projects I had to finish.  Again, outstanding work!  ( want me to test fly, LOL )

Will Moore

Things take longer to happen than you think they will,

Then they happen much faster than you thought they could.
 AMA # 209

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2016, 04:49:57 PM »
Charles, I don't think Mark is trolling, what ever that is,  Seems he asked a legitimate question.  I've had friends that could build beautiful planes  that would fly better than what I built, but they had no plans to fly them.  Part of it was health issues and no desire to fly but loved to watch other people fly them.  But, really what happened to the Flite Streak?   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2016, 09:35:37 AM »
Another photo of the same aircraft.

Charles

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2016, 03:53:17 PM »
Now I 'm a bit curious if this Flight streak has broke ground too...

Offline fred cesquim

• Captain
    • Fred Cesquim Aeromodelos
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2017, 02:08:08 AM »
Charles, congratulations again for the outstanding finish!
all i can say is that you´re one of the modellers that seeks for perfection and always learning and sharing your experience with other modellers that are equally interested to improve.
all the best from Brazil and keep building!

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2017, 05:59:20 AM »
Charles that is a beautifully crafted model of an unusual subject, thanks for sharing. PhillySkip

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2017, 10:00:44 PM »
Charles, congratulations again for the outstanding finish!
all i can say is that you´re one of the modellers that seeks for perfection and always learning and sharing your experience with other modellers that are equally interested to improve.
all the best from Brazil and keep building!

Fred,

You're always kind with your replies. Thank you. I wish my finishes were as light as yours. Post your secrets, I need them.

Charles that is a beautifully crafted model of an unusual subject, thanks for sharing. PhillySkip

Skip,

Thank you, my interest is in unusual projects, that's for sure.

Have you seen the GBR3?

Thanks again guys.

Charles

Offline TDM

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2017, 07:45:30 AM »
I just saw this bird.
Outstanding work. Did it fly yet?
Each goal you meet is a moment of happiness
Happiness is the harmony between what you think and what you do. Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2017, 08:32:04 AM »
I just saw this bird.
Outstanding work. Did it fly yet?

Traian,

Funny guy.  LL~ LL~ LL~ You know I love you baby.

Yes, it is outstanding work isn't it.

No, the Mig-3 has not been flown yet. I'm trying to sell it.

I'm selling all of them.

I have a nibble on two models.

Thanks for the reply.

CB

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here