News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:59:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jet Cockpit, Scratch Built!  (Read 6836 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Jet Cockpit, Scratch Built!
« on: March 31, 2017, 01:47:00 PM »
Well, I went and did it, I decided on the tan.

I took Glenn's advice and my wife's.

Totally delighted with this decision.

Now I can start assembling and gluing the remaining parts.

CB

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Jet Cockpit, Scratch Built!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 04:03:03 PM »
Jeeze I wished I had some talent!  Beautiful as always. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 08:31:54 PM »
That looks great!

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 12:18:50 PM »
Thanks guys.

Here's the HUD equipment.

CB

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:59:56 PM by Avaiojet »
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 08:47:47 AM »
I started this jet cockpit back in 2004. It was to be used in another model, the C-101 Aviojet. I actually trashed the fuselage, but kept the foam sheeted wing. The wing is useable and the cockpit is worth finishing.

I hope to design a model around some day.

As it looked a few years ago.

CB

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 10:17:29 PM »
So nice and detailed....impressive.
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 10:47:33 AM »
So nice and detailed....impressive.
Shug

Shug,

Thanks so much for the kind reply.

I'll be Posting more photos if the bits and pieces to this cockpit.

All scratch built.

Thanks again!

CB

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 04:17:54 PM »
More parts.

CB

« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 05:47:15 PM by Avaiojet »

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 05:18:58 AM »
Ejection straps. The black is vinyl. Tad of CA on the ends so the ends stays put.

CB

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 05:36:52 PM »
I wish my photos got more hits.

Any questions!  ;D

CB

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 04:29:26 AM »
I wish my photos got more hits.

Any questions!  ;D

CB

I guess it depends on the photo, but possibly more on the project. Models that are finished get high photo hits quickly.

Still gotta get the thing done. Plastic display case with an oak bottom and a brass plaque.  ;D

CB

Offline Doug Moisuk

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 02:54:01 PM »
Wow that's  awesome.
Doug Moisuk
MAAC 3360L

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 04:38:57 PM »
Wow that's  awesome.

Doug,

Hey! Hey!

I gotta digest this, I actually got a reply.  LL~  #^

It's really taking shape, but it's on the sideline right now, I'm on another project.

I have progression photos taken during the build.

I need to reduce the DPI's and size to Post. So I'm putting them up little at a time.

I don't have many left.

Thanks for the reply.

CB

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 02:06:14 PM »
Two more eject handles. Painted yellow then wrapped with flat black HP vinyl. Tad of CA at each end to hold it in place.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 05:12:20 AM »
Bit by bit.

CB

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 12:17:36 PM »
More bits.

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 03:36:28 PM »
Hi Charles.  I can't believe the scale fidelity you get on these tiny pieces.  I'd go cross eyed and end up more blind than I am now! %^@ H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 05:58:06 PM »
Hi Charles.  I can't believe the scale fidelity you get on these tiny pieces.  I'd go cross eyed and end up more blind than I am now! %^@ H^^

Glenn,

Hey! Hey!

Glenn, my only Poster!  #^

I could never work on something like this without taking a brake every 35 minutes or so.

Bit by bit and it gets done.

Thanks for the reply.

CB

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 07:26:56 PM »
More progress more detail. Oxygen bottles made from plastic paint brush handles.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 04:13:14 AM »
Oxygen bottles stay with the seat.

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 09:05:46 AM »
Looking fantastic!  And really, how on earth do you think of these things, Oxy bottles from paint brush handles? LOL   H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 01:08:22 PM »
Looking fantastic!  And really, how on earth do you think of these things, Oxy bottles from paint brush handles? LOL   H^^

Hey! Hey!

Glenn my only poster.

I used toothbrush tips for running lights on the Stuka Tank Buster. I didn't invent it, scale guys know this.  n~

That green thing is a cut toothbrush, shaped and polished. There's a red one on the other side.

Thanks for the reply.

CB

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2017, 05:38:46 AM »
Recent completed work on the Jet Cockpit.

This time seat cushions. Seat cushions are popular with jet pilots and there are many types available.

These two pieces will be 5 minute Epoxied in place.

I have a lead on a Plexi-box to display the Jet Cockpit in. I hope it pans out?

The more stuff you add to a scale item, the better it looks, even with Playful scale.

Makes the item more interesting and adds color.

This cockpit is not micro-scale, it's 16" x 4" and 3.5" deep.

I have a place where I can display it where the wife won't mind. Inside the dresser draw.  n~

CB
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 07:04:20 AM by Avaiojet »

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2017, 07:08:47 AM »
The Jet Cockpit is 100% completed. DONE!!

Well, except for the installation of the clear canopy. I'll need a thousand toothpicks for that.

I'll keep it in a plastic bag until I place it in a Plexiglass box where it can be displayed.

CB

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2017, 06:49:49 PM »
That really is something Charles.  Good job.  I would love to see a pic of this beside a ruler to give perspective on its size. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2017, 11:42:57 PM »
That really is something Charles.  Good job.  I would love to see a pic of this beside a ruler to give perspective on its size. H^^

16" x 4" and 3.5" deep.

CB

Offline fred cesquim

• Captain
    • Fred Cesquim Aeromodelos
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2017, 01:07:30 PM »
AWESOME work Charles! would be nice to have one of your works gracing the inside of one of the jet models that i have built here! you´re a master on the scale scene as well!

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2017, 05:03:22 AM »
AWESOME work Charles! would be nice to have one of your works gracing the inside of one of the jet models that i have built here! you´re a master on the scale scene as well!

Fred,

In my opinion, there's only one Guru Master, and that's you.

You design, build, paint and Post interesting Threads. I admire your Forum participation.

Promoting this declining hobby/sport is important. And you do it from Brazil!  H^^

The Jet Cockpit.

Lots of work in it and a 20+ year span to get it completed.

I'm surprised there wasn't one question about materials used or the construction of it.

I guess these kind of things are common?

Fred, thanks for the reply.

CB

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here