News:

• March 29, 2024, 04:03:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flite Streak, "Skyfall!"  (Read 8993 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Flite Streak, "Skyfall!"
« on: January 14, 2014, 04:29:42 PM »
Well, I said I would call this Flite Streak "Skyfall" after the last Bond movie. Skyfall it is.

Just about ready for paint.

Finally glued the rudder in place, Yesterday, looks much better with a rudder.

Get this. The rudder is "dead on" square to the stab, and that's dead on to the wing.

Yet, because of the offset and the design, it never looks square? Check your FS.

I said I would use areosol cans to paint this model. And I will. I will however, put a final coat of auto two part clear over everything. Don't know what's fuel proof and what isn't.

I'm going to make an aerosol can paint color "story board," see if I can get away with what as far as applying the clear over aerosol paint. Different brands, don't want anything to lift.

Here's Skyfall with a tail!

Hey! You got a Flite Streak, Post a photo!

Charles

If you want to cut to the chase, this link will take you to the finished model:

http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php/topic,40935.0.html

This link will take you to a paint Thread.

https://stunthanger.com/smf/paint-and-finishing/yup-that's-black-paint-on-the-skyfall-007/msg358503/#msg358503

Here's another link to more painting of the Skyfall 007 Flite Streak.

https://stunthanger.com/smf/paint-and-finishing/'jewelry-in-an-aerosol-can-krylon-jewelry-on-the-skyfall-007!/

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 07:22:49 PM by Avaiojet »
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
Re: Flite Streak, "Skyfall!"
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 04:49:29 PM »
Darn nice lookin streak! I wish I could get my wings to fit that nice! LOL What did you use on the silk? I like how you added the short ribs...did the plan call for that or did you re-think and modify?
John Stiles             Tulip, Ar.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 05:16:18 AM »
Darn nice lookin streak! I wish I could get my wings to fit that nice! LOL What did you use on the silk? I like how you added the short ribs...did the plan call for that or did you re-think and modify?

John,

I had no control of the fit, this was an original Flite Streak I purchased on ebay. Kit parts went together like smooth! Only thing was I had to straighten the LE and TE.

As for the half ribs, I wanted to just have a bit of building fun and somewhat duplicate my first Flite Streak which I built as a teenager.

I shortened the tail on that one and added flaps. Covered in green silk and dope with black and white trim. Had a Fox .35 on it as this one will. 

Not much left to do, gotta bend the gear wire, drill holes for the Fox .35 and a few placement holes for the tank and she'll be ready for paint. Try to get er done by the end of the year.  LL~

Thanks for the reply!

Charles

If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 08:14:42 AM »
Cool pic....I would've had some like that, but after I got back from Nam I hid out in Arkansas....half a country away from my folks. They both passed away early in life, and my 5 siblings disposed of all their estate. Left a bunch of my memorabilia and war souvenirs to the scavengers. LOL

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 02:13:54 PM »
An update for those that haven't seen the finish and paint Thread.

Got it primed!

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 02:23:03 PM »
Looking goood man! ;D

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 09:52:29 PM »
Looking goood man! ;D

John,

I have other stuff I forgot.

Bend the gear wire. Includes soldering washers.
Tank hold down holes. Solder "L" brackets to the tank.
Wire tail skid.

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • "Never fly faster than your shoulder angel"
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 02:44:57 PM »
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

"There's no try. Do or Do not." - Master Yoda

"Wealth and fame, he's ignorant
Action is his reward, look out
Here comes Marcus, man..."

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 04:00:48 PM »
What Marcus said....only more of them! H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 04:07:03 PM »
John,

I have other stuff I forgot.

Bend the gear wire. Includes soldering washers.
Tank hold down holes. Solder "L" brackets to the tank.
Wire tail skid.
Last time I flew my mig, I crashed it doing figure 8s, so since it was freezing cold today and yesterday; I opened the wing and did some structural repair, and discovered also that the plastic clunk tank had failed. So I put a different tank on, remounted the Russian made Norvel "Big Mig " .15 with more offset. Closed the wings, reworked the pushrod/control horn, and she's ready to go!

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 04:31:50 PM »
John,

Nice!

I like the set-up!

Size of the model?

Great tank strap, fits perfect. "Perfect", ya get it! Is it made of aluminum?

Charles

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 04:37:04 PM »
John,

Nice!

I like the set-up!

Size of the model?

Great tank strap, fits perfect. "Perfect", ya get it! Is it made of aluminum?

Charles
You been spying on me? LOL Yep, aluminum...cut it from the faceplate of an old air conditioner.....the WS is 35" x 8.5" at the wing root.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 04:44:11 PM »
You been spying on me? LOL Yep, aluminum...cut it from the faceplate of an old air conditioner.....the WS is 35" x 8.5" at the wing root.

John,

You got what, 40 models ready to go!  LL~ LL~ LL~

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 05:03:00 PM »
John,

You got what, 40 models ready to go!  LL~ LL~ LL~

I can have a fun-fly all by myself if I hafta!  LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ ;D

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 06:02:00 AM »
I can have a fun-fly all by myself if I hafta!  LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ ;D

John,

I thought your daughter was flying on her own?

That's two. Got any neighbors that fly? That you like.  LL~

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 08:04:42 AM »
I'm workin on it! ;D

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 02:10:38 AM »
Progress?

You tell me.  ;D

Here's the link to the paint work on the Skyfall 007.

http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php/topic,35245.0.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:59:06 PM by Avaiojet »

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 04:00:49 AM »
That's a bit of bloody alright there mate! ROFLMBO ;D

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 06:35:41 AM »
Thought it would be nice to end this Thread with a few photos of the finished model.

I hope the Flite Streak Skyfall 007 is well received.

Charles
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:57:37 PM by Avaiojet »

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 06:39:12 AM »
Krylon aerosol can paint, sealed with a two part auto clear.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:56:58 PM by Avaiojet »

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2016, 06:43:50 AM »
The lettering on the wing that is black and blue are vinyl, the rest of the graphics are paint.

Krylon aerosol can then two part auto clear.

Here's a link to the paint application. I hope it works.

http://stunthanger.com/smf/paint-and-finishing/yup-that's-black-paint-on-the-skyfall-007/

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:56:11 PM by Avaiojet »

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2016, 12:55:27 PM »
That's a sharp looker alright.
Is that the stock elev./stab, or did you increase the % of elevator chord to stab chord? Maybe it's the photo that's fooling my eyes.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2016, 01:09:49 PM »
That's a sharp looker alright.
Is that the stock elev./stab, or did you increase the % of elevator chord to stab chord? Maybe it's the photo that's fooling my eyes.
Rusty

Rusty,

Yes, it's a killer.  ;D   LL~

I'm not sure where the Flite Streak sits as far as what it can be used for at a contest in an event?

I'm not competing yet, I'm still electing to have fun.  LL~

I would tell the Judges that the elevator is stock out of the box. Only thing is, the stock wood was like lumber, so in making a new one, with the trace and all, then cutting on the outside line, I may have accidentally enlarged it a tad.

Accidentally.

Good eye Rusty.

Thanks for the kind reply.

Charles

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2016, 02:24:21 PM »
Top notch plane.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2016, 04:36:16 PM »
Rusty,
....I'm not competing yet, I'm still electing to have fun.  LL~

I would tell the Judges that the elevator is stock out of the box. Only thing is, the stock wood was like lumber, so in making a new one, with the trace and all, then cutting on the outside line, I may have accidentally enlarged it a tad.

Accidentally...

I certainly wasn't looking at micro details, just wondering if you'd purposely changed it. You answered that.
Competing is fun. You get to be with like minded people and share knowledge and resources. help the guy that might beat you and visa versa.
I'll never compete on a level where my peers have super double-naught secrets and tricks. And in plain old stunt, nobody cares about your modifications, you can fly an ugly stick that fell out of a tree if you think you can make it do a pattern.

Now that I have your ear, I was thinking of PMing you anyway. I've just laid down a really nice paint job, my first with automotive Lacquer, and I'm ready to clear coat it... except for residual masking tape-glue I can't get off. Alcohol pushes it around and dulls the shine some. With enough elbow grease I gan get some of it off, and I hope the clear will restore any flat spots I've made by rubbing on it. I used 3M blue painters' tape, supposedly low tack. And I stuck it to my shirt first to reduce the tack even more. What might I have around the house that will help me clean it up without having to go find some exotic specialty cleaner? I want to clear it this weekend.

Thanks for any help you can lend me.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2016, 11:56:17 AM »
Rusty,

PM sent.

Charles

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here