News:

• April 16, 2024, 12:49:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FAA numbers  (Read 10798 times)

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
FAA numbers
« on: January 13, 2016, 02:38:05 PM »
Hi Charles
What would a sheet of 1/8" high FAA numbers run?
I'm thinking black
I believe that they are eight digit alpha-numeric .
Thanks
Peabody

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
Re: FAA numbers
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 03:20:08 PM »
For reference my FAA is

FA33T97LXP...

So ten digits and most of what I have sen has been similar format and length
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 06:10:47 PM »
Guys,

I was involved in GA my whole life and I don't have an FAA number? Well, at least I don't think so.

Peabody,

I cannot cut a number or letter .125" tall.

Are you sure of that size?

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 05:09:35 AM »
I guess I'll have to try decals......or mayhaps crank some out on my P touch....
Have fun
Peabody

Offline Larrys4227

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 07:43:06 AM »
I as well registered, but I'm not putting the number on my planes unless it comes down a year from now that my AMA isn't associated with my FAA number.

If I have to put the number on .... it will be in fine-point sharpie on the backside of the propeller.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 10:32:11 AM »
I as well registered, but I'm not putting the number on my planes unless it comes down a year from now that my AMA isn't associated with my FAA number.

If I have to put the number on .... it will be in fine-point sharpie on the backside of the propeller.

Larry,

OK, you guys fly RC and registered with the FAA. Correct?

I didn't think CL guys had to register?

Charles

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 01:35:19 PM »
They did not specify any size so you could actually put it on with a micro dot and tell them to  get a magnifier as it is readily apparent to anyone with a glass LL~ VD~
Seriously though I just put it in a plastic wrap and have it under my tank, it is after all readily available.

Dennis

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 02:05:16 PM »
Control line fliers have to register as well.
It's the law.
Non registered fliers jeopardize a club's lease/right to use the land they fly from.
I know that the MCRC will require FAA registration beginning February 19th, unless the FAA rescinds the order.
Have fun

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 02:14:45 PM »
Control line fliers have to register as well.
It's the law.
Non registered fliers jeopardize a club's lease/right to use the land they fly from.
I know that the MCRC will require FAA registration beginning February 19th, unless the FAA rescinds the order.
Have fun

NO control line fliers are exempt,, have you been reading all the stuff from the AMA and FAA? it came down that unless you fly control line with a radio ( as in scale or carrier) you do NOT have to register,, and That is the law
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 03:40:02 PM »
A far wiser man than I says that CL is NOT exempt...
He spent many years in law school and practice....
Even a dummy like me interprets the FAA law as NOT exempting any airmodeling but free flight.

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 04:35:01 PM »
well direct communication from FAA via AMA says not or so I have seen, you do what you feel is right,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Larrys4227

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 05:22:20 AM »
I registered because I have a 2 CL Fun Scale 2.4ghz planes ..... and also I fly small helicopters, mostly in my own yard.

I as well read the AMA FAQ ... which says CL and FF are exempt ...

----------------------------------------------------

Q: I only fly CL or FF, do I need to register?

A: No. If you exclusively fly FF or CL and never plan on using a model that involves a transmitter, then you do not need to register.

-----------------------------------------------------

Full FAQ found here ...

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/amagov/2016/01/11/update-uas-registration-frequently-asked-questions/

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 07:10:12 AM »
Only AMA is saying pure CL is exempt and perhaps some day the DOT/FAA will amend the rule as written...but for now, the only exemption is under .5 lbs and Free Flight craft according to the written LAW

CL exempt is an AMA interpretation only right now

There is a way to ask FAA questions for their FAQ log at the very bottom of all the FAQs, and this question does not appear on their site that I see

Recently there is a post about a discussion group with the AMA where it is implied that while the AMA is negotiating with FAA on group registration matters for AMA members, they (the AMA) do not intend to pursue CL status; Believing that the FAA, and or political parties, do not fully understand the concept of control line flight and they don;t want to add confusion to their goal of being a one stop registration entity
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Phil Krankowski

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 08:59:58 AM »
Its all hogwash, and other smellier things.

At least the process on the website is painless.  4 days of free registration left...

Yes I got my numbers. 

In my brief testing Brother p-touch clear label appears to be fuel resistant on clean plastic film (monokote).  It may still come off over time as fuel and exhaust work under the plastic layers.  I have not tested any other variety.

Phil

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here