News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:31:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Air Tractor AT-802, FIREBOSS!  (Read 7119 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Air Tractor AT-802, FIREBOSS!
« on: August 14, 2016, 07:44:44 AM »
The FIREBOSS Air Tractor AT-802.

I really wasn't going to do a build on this project, but here it is.

I finally got my plans drawn to a point where I started construction on the fuselage, a short time back

Originally, I had the Jen .57 mounted on it's side, you can see that drawn on my plans, but I decided to place it inverted to keep a cleaner looking nose area.

I have other projects in the works, so this will be a slow build. However, I have completed some of the early tasks and am well on my way. Well, with the fuselage anyway.

The Air Tractor AT-802 is a great aircraft to model.

I hope this project is well received.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Air Tractor AT-802, FIREBOSS!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 05:34:12 PM »
Looking forward to seeing this go together.  Thanks for taking the time to let us into your workshop. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 06:36:51 PM »
Looking forward to seeing this go together.  Thanks for taking the time to let us into your workshop. H^^

Hey! Hey! Glenn, my only poster.  LL~

The door to my workshop is always open.

Here's a bit more progress.

Thanks for the reply.

Charles
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 01:33:50 PM »
Some progress photos.

Not your normal build for a CL model.

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 11:30:14 AM »
I typed Air tractor sky boss into youtube and there is some amazing film of this ship out there!  They didn't use these when I was fire fighting, but I wish they were! H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 12:15:54 PM »
I typed Air tractor sky boss into youtube and there is some amazing film of this ship out there!  They didn't use these when I was fire fighting, but I wish they were! H^^

Glenn,

When and where were you fighting fires? That's really dangerous work.   H^^

Charles

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 03:24:59 PM »
Yukon Te4rritory back in late sixties early seventies.  Very young, very stupid.  At least I'm older now! LL~ H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 08:21:47 PM »

Glenn.

The Air Tractor FIREBOSS is a great aircraft to model. Offers plenty of interesting areas to show detail making the model a real challange. Here's a photo update.

Charles

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 06:20:07 AM »
Ohhhhhhhhhh My Gosh!

A scale adjustable pitch prop! And they work.

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 09:00:02 PM »
Hello Charles,
are you going to finish the Air tractor agter the Gee Bee?
Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 06:57:21 PM »
Hello Charles,
are you going to finish the Air tractor agter the Gee Bee?
Craig

Craig,

I just saw your Thread reply.

I'm not sure what I'll work on after the Gee Bee R-3.

Probably frame the Bi-Plane Pusher.

That's the newest model on my block so I might give it a go.

I'll put my Irving 40 in it.

Thanks for the reply

Charles

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here