Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Carrier

Which engine? Profile Dauntless.

<< < (2/4) > >>

david smith:
"but ALL the winners use them.......Torquing-out, along with practice is what wins and sets records."  Pete (and about a million Eugene Ely awards) would disagree. As long as plane is trimmed well and the pilot knows their plane success can be achieved. Not much difference until you start talking more extreme conditions(aka wind). A LH engine can be used as a crutch for a poorly set up plane, but then you are just masking other problems that should be fixed anyways. LH engines should be more of a tuning tool to get that little bit of extra performance on a bad weather day along with that extra pilot skill you get from practicing.

Now the practice part yes that does help set records.

I think this is going a little far considering he said he was just going to sport fly it so Dave good luck with it. I hope you enjoy it. I'm sure Art would be pleased to see someone flying his equipment still.

David

bill bischoff:
If it had a 5.8 on it, an OS 40 FSR should fit. Maybe not legal for anything, but an extremely sweet running engine with the stock 4BK carb. There are probably some for sale right now on ebay.

Peter Mazur:
I believe Art only flew a dauntless in .15. He may have used a Super Tigre .15 in this one. For sport flying any reliable R/C .15 would be just fine.
On the other discussion, indeed I do not use a left-hand engine in Carrier. Even in electric carrier, where the motor can be reversed by simply switching a couple of wires, I do not fly left-hand rotation.
Pete

bill bischoff:
Guardian perhaps?

Bill Calkins:
Art's Dauntless was a .15. I think that may have had an old Rossi on it. I'll dig around, I may have a photo of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version