News:

• May 20, 2024, 07:05:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Which Brodak Bellcrank  (Read 687 times)

Offline Kelly Wilson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Which Brodak Bellcrank
« on: May 15, 2009, 12:03:16 PM »
Help!! I am building two different carrier planes. both will be 3 line systems, no slider and the bellcrank mounted on the outside of the wing. One will be low wing, bellcrank mounted on the top of the wing. The other will be a high wing with the bellcrank mounted underneath.

Which bellcranks do I need??

Kelly Wilson

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
Re: Which Brodak Bellcrank
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 01:11:43 PM »
I would suggest Brodak C-21, upright long span throttle bellcrank for the one mounted on top of the wing, C-23 inverted long span for the one underneath. You will have to cut a slot in the plywood mounted to allow for fore-and aft movement of the bellcrank.  It will be evident when you get the componant.  Pictures are on the Brodak web site. Good luck with your projects. 8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 02:02:18 PM »
I would suggest the same as Pete. Beware of what it takes in direction to rotate your carb barrel.
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline Kelly Wilson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 02:44:04 PM »
Thanks for the info. I read the catalog for some time and still didn't know what I needed.

Thanks again!!

Offline Kelly Wilson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 02:59:06 PM »
Another question. My Brodak doesn't list the bellcranks as C-21 or C-23. They are listed as BB-376 thru BB-394. It appears the options are which side of the fuse you want the elevator pushrod and which line you  want to be the up line.

Any advice??

Offline Kelly Wilson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 04:41:30 PM »
What is that old saying about blind hogs................... I found it. The catalog lists the bellcranks as "BB-XXX" on the website the "C" designations are used.

Thanks again. I appreciate the input.

Kelly

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here