Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Carrier

Typical RPM's for Class I & PC Nelson Engines

(1/2) > >>

bdt-m:
Looking for what a high performing engine puts out on the bench with an APC 9x6 prop or whatever prop is best for Class I & PC. I understand the Nelson .40 & .36 engines are the current top choice of the winning entries.

Just trying to see what the target RPM is for each class on 10% Fuel, with the tuned muffler.

david smith:
I would guess if you can get one to around 18000 on the ground that would probably get you in the mid to upper 90 mph range which would be more than competitive at 99% of contests. Definitely competitive in profile and close in class 1.

bdt-m:

--- Quote from: david smith on May 08, 2023, 11:36:29 PM ---I would guess if you can get one to around 18000 on the ground that would probably get you in the mid to upper 90 mph range which would be more than competitive at 99% of contests. Definitely competitive in profile and close in class 1.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Dave, for the information....

Just curious as to what RPM's today's .36's & 40's are turning. Since everyone raves about the Nelson's, thought that might be the target to strive to hit.

david smith:
This is from Dub Jetts website for specs on the current Q500 engines. There isn't a Nelson for these current classes but the older Q500 Nelsons I would say around the 19000 mark and the converted 36's would be close to the same(these numbers would be with the tuned muffler, probably 1500 to 2000 lower with out muffler). I cant speak to the performance of the combat 36's because I have never had one.

bdt-m:

--- Quote from: david smith on May 09, 2023, 02:55:55 PM ---This is from Dub Jetts website for specs on the current Q500 engines. There isn't a Nelson for these current classes but the older Q500 Nelsons I would say around the 19000 mark and the converted 36's would be close to the same(these numbers would be with the tuned muffler, probably 1500 to 2000 lower with out muffler). I cant speak to the performance of the combat 36's because I have never had one.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Dave for the Info. I hear-read the DJ 40 Q500 engines are not performing as expected. I thought I read a carrier flyer tried one in CI and was not impressed nor pleased with the performance.... any truth to this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version