Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Carrier

True Nostalgia Carrier Engines

(1/3) > >>

bdt-m:
What real Nostalgia PC Carrier engines look like; 1975 era.... y1

First picture Duke Fox signed Fox .36, #2 of the first 3 made. Engine #1 was used to Win the 1975 Nat's.
Second Picture Fox Box
Third Picture The "Temporary Owner's Manual"

We can't expect these 1975 era engines to compete with modern engines; the 20 engine bonus points should be 80-100 to level the playing field.

bill bischoff:
I don't remember the exact details, but we found a Fox factory LH crank that worked in this engine. I'm sure Paul Smith will know which one it is.  VD~

Paul Smith:

--- Quote from: bill bischoff on June 20, 2023, 05:32:07 PM ---I don't remember the exact details, but we found a Fox factory LH crank that worked in this engine. I'm sure Paul Smith will know which one it is.  VD~

--- End quote ---

I fiddled with two or three of those engines with no success.  I never witnessed anybody else who got good or even fair performance. 

bdt-m:

--- Quote from: Paul Smith on June 21, 2023, 06:25:14 AM ---I fiddled with two or three of those engines with no success.  I never witnessed anybody else who got good or even fair performance. 

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: bill bischoff on June 20, 2023, 05:32:07 PM ---I don't remember the exact details, but we found a Fox factory LH crank that worked in this engine. I'm sure Paul Smith will know which one it is.  VD~

--- End quote ---

Agreed, the Fox.36 PC engine was not as good of a performer as expected. To get it to run strong required a very particular propeller combination of diameter & pitch, and even then, it was not on par with a C35 Super Tigre. Besides the 75 Nat's win, the .36 Fox PC engine #1 was never run again (as well as #2 & #3 sitting in a box for 48 years), however; Duke Fox was extremely happy at the fact his engine won the Nat's. #^

Paul Smith:
Hummmm,,

I flew in the 1975 Nats and it looked like ALL ST 35CRC to me.  At that time the law of the land was "stock plain bearing throttled engines".   

I assembled a Mongoose with one of those Fox Carrier Specials for the local hobby dealer and it just didn't work.  That's not to say the others didn't work.  Spotty quality was a Fox standard, at least until the Mark III Combat & beyond.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version