Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Carrier

Suggested "update" Nostalia rules

<< < (4/6) > >>

john vlna:
I never considered using my down the line equipment in nostalgia, but I still have it and could use it for nostalgia. There is essentially no difference between it and 2.4Ghz, except 2.4 will add more weight to the plane
John

Kris Millard:
Gentlemen,

I am new to Carrier and have flow only NWS.40 in competition. (actually won my class at the NW Regionals in first year I flew!)

That said, I have built a MO-1 for Profile and am having a heck of a time getting a three line setup working (ARGH!!!)
I'm using a Brodak bellcrank and a Roberts handle.

On the issue of 2.4 systems, Is there a preferred TX of the pistol grip sort that is easiest to convert?

I am looking to remove the radio components and build a new case that can be clipped to a regular style 2-line handle so I can un-clip it to take to the plane during engine start up. I have a left handed Nelson .36 in it so I don't want to just let it run at full throttle while I get back to the handle.

I know this has nothing to do with Nostalgia, but it's not like there are a ton of carrier related post with 2020 on the posting date...so at least you are all current, and not from 2008 or something...

Thanks for your patience...and hopefully help

Kris

bdt-m:
I know this is an old post, however; the purest in me compels a response.

Boy, allowing radio control systems, Schnuerle ported & ball bearing engines, Nelson 36's (too funny)...nothing Nostalgic about this at all; you guys have lost it!

Nostalgic should be 100% what it was in 1974-75; plain bearing engines, non-schnuerle, right hand rotation only, documented models for the time period.

Paul Smith:

--- Quote from: Kris Millard on October 14, 2020, 11:12:18 AM ---Gentlemen,

I am new to Carrier and have flow only NWS.40 in competition. (actually won my class at the NW Regionals in first year I flew!)

That said, I have built a MO-1 for Profile and am having a heck of a time getting a three line setup working (ARGH!!!)
I'm using a Brodak bellcrank and a Roberts handle.

On the issue of 2.4 systems, Is there a preferred TX of the pistol grip sort that is easiest to convert?

I am looking to remove the radio components and build a new case that can be clipped to a regular style 2-line handle so I can un-clip it to take to the plane during engine start up. I have a left handed Nelson .36 in it so I don't want to just let it run at full throttle while I get back to the handle.

I know this has nothing to do with Nostalgia, but it's not like there are a ton of carrier related post with 2020 on the posting date...so at least you are all current, and not from 2008 or something...

Thanks for your patience...and hopefully help

Kris

--- End quote ---

I have been using 2.4 with a car controller in carrier and scale for several years.  There is no need to convert anything.  Just hold the handle in one hand and the controller in the other.
This also allows you to tune the throttle from the pit area, walking to the handle, and flying. 
Furthermore, you can use the same RC handle for several events at the same time without swapping lines and handle.

Paul Smith:

--- Quote from: bdt-m on April 27, 2023, 11:12:24 AM ---I know this is an old post, however; the purest in me compels a response.

Boy, allowing radio control systems, Schnuerle ported & ball bearing engines, Nelson 36's (too funny)...nothing Nostalgic about this at all; you guys have lost it!

Nostalgic should be 100% what it was in 1974-75; plain bearing engines, non-schnuerle, right hand rotation only, documented models for the time period.

--- End quote ---

Very true.  Like Old Time Stunt, the set they cutoff years after the critical date.  I have reengined it to Supertiger CRC 35.  It's a genuine kit-built GS Bearcat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version