Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Carrier

Sabre & Cobra

(1/5) > >>

john e. holliday:
Well Big Country Joe you asked for it.  I have the full kit of the Cobra and partial kit of the Sabre.  Both are J. Roberts Model Mfg Co.  kit out of Baker OREGON.   If I add a carrier hook for landing on a deck is/are they legal for Nostalgia Carrier.  He does not show a carrier hook.  The two planes will be built using my construction methods.  You should not be able to tell unless you strip the covering.  Later,   H^^

Randy Bush:
I'll jump in with the easy part of the answer--

If it's got 300 sq. in. and it's a profile, it's legal for 36 profile nostalgia (or AMA).

The harder part of the question is--

Would that model qualify for the bonus points?   ???

Balsa Butcher:
I'll testify that I flew a hook equipped Sabre at the Sepulveda Basin around 1968 while a member of the Valley Circle Burners. Ron Duly might remember the plane, it was black with "panel lines" cut out of adhesive tape. Hey, I was a junior...it worked. A photo of it making an arrested landing was printed in the C/L column of Model Airplane News around that time. I would think that that should be enough to get it on the "Bonus List". Go for it Doc...just don't paint it with that 50 year old can of Rustoleum you have in your paint locker.  8)

Joe Just:
My take Doc....36 Profile elligible if 300 squares.  Nostalgia?  I'll leave that decision up to others, but will say that J Roberts stuff certainly fits the time period. Neat looking designs!
Joe

David Miller:
What is the wingspan of those two models please???? They look neat!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version