Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Carrier

Sabre & Cobra

<< < (2/5) > >>

skyshark58:
There were two more kits in this series, the Swift and AM-1 profile Mauler. The swift was a conventional gear airplane and looked like a PT-19. The profile Mauler didn't make the mass market. It was the same size as the full fuselage Mauler and used the same wing and fuselage construction design as the other three kits.        Mike

Balsa Butcher:
WOW!, I haven't seen that picture in....well, 41 years. Great job Ty, and Thanks!  OK, NCS types, that should remove all doubt that this plane should qualify for Nostalgia carrier. Doc, go for it...wait, didn't I say that earlier?  8)

Ron Duly:
I'm sorry Pete, I wasn't there, I wasn't born yet, I don't remember, I'm too young....... well maybe not. Yes, all the J.Roberts kits are Nostalgia legal. I had a Profile Mauler back then.  Blue Aerogloss was not fuel proof. My blue Mauler ended up dirty balsa colored after several seasons.

Bill Little:
Mybe a "dumb" question, but........... if the "Saber" is a F-86 look a like and the NAVY flew the f-86 as a "Fury" (F-4J ??), would it be "bonus eligible"?  I think I have that right.... ;D

Big Bear

bill bischoff:
In Nostalgia profile, there is no scale bonus, because it didn't exist in the profile carrier rules in 1975. In today's rules, the scale bonus points are based on whether the model "resembles" an appropriate carrier legal prototype. I could be all wet on this, but I don't think the F-86 is a carrier legal aircraft, so you would have to say it's a Fury to be eligible for bonus points. As for the "resemble" aspect, personally I'm just not seeing it. (But that only really matters if I'm the event director on contest day.)

All that aside, I've never seen either of these models, so I would love to see then built and flown.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version