Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Carrier

Rules change discussions

(1/3) > >>

Paul Smith:
This is the rules change season and the biannual chance to state your opinions.

Maybe somebody could remind the readers just who the actual voters are.  It doesn't seem to be posted anyplace I can find.

It used to be the Control Line Contest Board (CLCB) who were effectively appointed for life by the AMA District VP's.  Now they are appointed by the Special Interest Groups (SIG's) such as NCS, MACA, PAMPA, etc.

I know who mine is.  I'm quite sure that he will never change anything. 

bdt-m:

--- Quote from: Paul Smith on May 24, 2023, 11:14:05 AM ---This is the rules change season and the biannual chance to state your opinions.

Maybe somebody could remind the readers just who the actual voters are.  It doesn't seem to be posted anyplace I can find.

It used to be the Control Line Contest Board (CLCB) who were effectively appointed for life by the AMA District VP's.  Now they are appointed by the Special Interest Groups (SIG's) such as NCS, MACA, PAMPA, etc.

I know who mine is.  I'm quite sure that he will never change anything.

--- End quote ---

Point taken...

I don't have an idea who is on the CLCB, SIG, nor who my representative is, and certainly have no clue who anybody else on the board is, or how to make contact with my representative. I find that lack of information to be the biggest hurdle for someone getting into carrier, even with my past carrier experience I find getting information (all forms of it) related to Navy Carrier to be a big challenge....how do we expect to entice new competitors if they can't find the information needed easily...???

The CLCB Members names, and districts they represent needs to be posted... #^

Paul Smith:
Bob Heywood is active in NCS.  I expect that he will weigh in with the names today.

I know that Mark Warwashana is my representative in AMA District 7.

bdt-m:
After a bit of searching, the CLCB:

Name AMA district CLNC24_01 CLNC24-02
Vacant I
Vacant III
Bob Heywood III Approve Approve
Everett Shoemaker IV Approve Approve
H. David Wallick V DNV DNV
Peter O. Mazur VI Approve Approve
Marc Warwashana VII Deny Deny
Richard L Perry VIII Approve Approve
Melvin Schuette IX Deny Deny
Burton Brokaw X Approve Approve
Mike Potter XI Approve Approve
RESULTS APPROVED APPROVED
All approved proposals move on to the Intermediate Vote
DNV = Did Not Vote

Looks like most approved the initial voting on both proposals. I still can't find the representatives for SIG Navy Carrier.

Paul Smith:
I know that Dave Wallick is quite unhealthy.  Somebody in his district (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, USVI) should offer to replace him.

Vis a vis the slider: 
My objection is not based on the challenge of making one.  It is based on the ongoing judgement call by the "hanging judge" who can reduce the low speed score to zero and terminate the flight if he feels a rule has been broken.  He can also help somebody set a record if he wishes. 

In a similar situation a Stunt judge can saw "34"instead of "36".  A Scale judge can give "7" rather than "9" for an option.  The hanging judge can either shoot you in the head or not.

OK, I have an MO-1 with an 8-ounce tank.  I can stop, hover, back up and go vertical.  So now the challenge is about where the hanging judge of today draws the line.  I'd rather just fly slow with fixed leadouts.

It's interesting that the two guys who dominate The Nats voted FOR the changes.  I guess they see the wisdom of keeping the game alive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version