News:

• April 16, 2024, 09:58:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Glow-Electric-Glow+  (Read 807 times)

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Glow-Electric-Glow+
« on: March 10, 2018, 06:37:46 PM »
Since I have changed my direction on a new dual purpose plane, I am modifying, or rather reconverting a plane to .25 Fun Carrier. The Airbonita was originally glow, converted to electric, now back to glow. If I don't like the way it flies I can always setup a different plane. I have a seemingly inexhaustible supply in the garage attic.

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Glow-Electric-Glow+
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 07:28:28 PM »
John, is ha he plane you flew in 92 at the Nat's in Chicopee, MA? I still have the video of you from that meet.
Joe
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Glow-Electric-Glow+
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 07:44:37 PM »
Joe
No this is a different plane. It is actually it is actually less than 300 sq inches in area, so not legal for AMA carrier. I still have most of the pieces to the 92 plane, it was crashed a number  of years after Chicopee. At that contest I was still learning how to fly slow and dumped there to if you recall. In fact Melvin gave me the try harder award at the banquet. I crashed my profile, repaired and flew it. My Class I  had the hook pull out when I speared a 1/8" sliver of the deck just past the ramp and had the engine eat itself on the second attempt. I don't recall my class II flights, but I am sure something went wrong.
Great NATS otherwise, I also timed indoor , great way to take a nap as they float around the hanger.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here