News:

• May 04, 2024, 11:33:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FAA and the NATS  (Read 1292 times)

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
FAA and the NATS
« on: March 18, 2016, 09:57:58 AM »
If you are planning to go to the NATS this link says that if you use 2.4Ghz you must register.
 FAA Registration & Foreign Nationals & Tourists
I am pretty upset with the FAA since they have closed us down in the DC to fly anything. This just may tear it for me and I may start a new hobby that is less dangerous like shooting assult rifles.

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: FAA and the NATS
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 10:13:48 AM »
Does anybody know if this mis-directed ruling will actually be enforced at the NATs? Is anybody going to be wandering around teh site asking to see their FAA registration papers?
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 11:30:12 AM »
It's a good question.

In my opinion an FAA regulation needs to be enforced by the FAA.  And only the FAA.

In my days light plane flying the common believe was that the FAA employs an average of ONE inspector per state and they only investigate crashes.  So you can do anything you want unless you crash.
If you do crash they will find that you did something wrong no matter how hard you tried to comply with their MANY regulations.
Paul Smith

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 01:11:22 PM »
I think that John left out the link - I presume it's this one:

http://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/faa-registration-foreign-nationals-tourists/

If you go read the whole thread - it's a sticky in the "Open Forum", and at present it has 2 replies, both by me - you will get what I believe to be the best current information on the topic.

Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here