News:

• March 28, 2024, 09:38:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Paul Kegel  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Peter Mazur

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Paul Kegel
« on: October 19, 2021, 09:45:07 AM »
Paul Kegel died on October 15 from Covid-19. Paul was an avid control line flier his whole life. As a lifelong resident of Fargo, ND, he became a leader among the fliers there and regularly served as an officer in the FM Skylarks. He competed in several events, including racing and carrier events. Specializing in Carrier in recent years, he was a frequent contestant at the Nats and took home some Nats trophies, including one National Championship (that I can recall.) Whenever possible he also volunteered as a timer at the Nats. He competed in many contests in the Midwest and always especially enjoyed the Sig contest. Carrier has lost a powerful supporter and enthusiastic competitor. And Carrier fliers especially have lost a good friend.

Pete

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Paul Kegel
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 06:46:47 PM »
 I got the news in our latest Minneapolis Piston Poppers newsletter. I didn't know Paul real well but whenever we did cross paths at the Midwest events he'd always recognize me and say "hi", and stop and chat just a bit. Real nice guy and definitely a big loss to the Midwest C/L community. My condolences to all.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Dennis Saydak

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Paul Kegel
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 11:21:31 AM »
Paul's passing is very sad news to many of us. It's almost like we've lost a beloved family relation.  Paul was a personal friend to myself and other members of the Winnipeg Perfect Circle Flying Club. He was well respected for his dedication to the control line hobby as well as the help and great service he provided through his hobby shop. May he rest in peace.
Just when you think you're getting ahead in the rat race.....you find the rats just get faster! MAAC 13120L

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here